Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] Ls1

5.7Lboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VU SS 5.7L
Hi people I'm new to his forum. Iv got a 5.7L ls1 motor I'm thinking about putting a edelbrock victor jr manifold on with a 1000cfm throttle body with the old style bug catcher through the bonnet new high flow fuel rails with the maffless tune just wanting to no your thoughts weather it's a waste of time the motors standard full 2 an half inch exhaust coming off extractors

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
No use having high flow fuel rails.....Without a high flow fuel pump, regulator, up graded injectors, cam.....so forth and so on.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Up to u weather u wanna spend the money on doing this, probably just give the car a tough look more than anything else

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Hi people I'm new to his forum. Iv got a 5.7L ls1 motor I'm thinking about putting a edelbrock victor jr manifold on with a 1000cfm throttle body with the old style bug catcher through the bonnet new high flow fuel rails with the maffless tune just wanting to no your thoughts weather it's a waste of time the motors standard full 2 an half inch exhaust coming off extractors

Its a waste of time without a cam, a victor jr will just kill power being a large highrise manifold unless its a big cam and a 1000cfm wont cut it with the setup required to run a victor jr properly.

Been through all of these ideas with my car already, ended up converting an edelbrock low rise dual plane carby manifold into fuel injection with a 1" spacer and a 1000cfm edelbrock throttle body to suit to get it all to run and make good power along with cam etc.