Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS2] Common issues and faults

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if u do a cam then change the lifters the ls2 ones are garbage IMO any more load then standard and mine just ticked all the time, will need to remove heads to do lifters...

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I ran a my previous 223/231 and current cam for 2years on LS2 lifters with no problems and no ticking.
Sonny just decided to upgrade my lifters when he did my heads.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
maby i got some dud ones, better springs and 1.8rr is all it took for mine to become noisy even tried different preloads but didn't help...

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
My very first upgrade before going cammed was to fit 1.8RR's and after Sonny ran it on the dyno he changed the springs to corect a dip in my power curve (shown below).
Other than piston slap when cold the engine has always been pretty quiet even after 2 cams a heads change and 3 different sets of valve springs.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
jees u got some timing into it my ls2 didnt even like over 22 max but i did find out i have more comp than normal, but my power was bout the same with the intake, exhaust and 1.8RR