Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ls2 conversion

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
If already setup for efi 5L with decent driveline I'd go Harrop blower kit...starting from scratch & want big reliable power then ls engine is most sensible route.

Look it up on youtube for an idea or even check out carnege episode to see results Broads got in torrie with stock engine into 11's

Downside with an LS is headache of getting car engineered & 'legal'

Robbo Blue Meanie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK commodore
If already setup for efi 5L with decent driveline I'd go Harrop blower kit...starting from scratch & want big reliable power then ls engine is most sensible route.

Look it up on youtube for an idea or even check out carnege episode to see results Broads got in torrie with stock engine into 11's

Downside with an LS is headache of getting car engineered & 'legal'
I put a side mount blower on the 304 but during the tuning stage it chewed a couple lifters , hence the reason I’m looking at options.
Yeah it could be a headache doing ls, especially the wiring & electrical side of things for me & the mod plate issue aswell

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Ls conversion is not a bad thing it's just that basically starting all over from scratch again.

If it chewed lifters/lobes guessing wasn't bed in correctly & still done it even n/a

I actually went other way had Ls donor car sitting here ready to go then stumbled on cheap reco'd vs 304 driveline to slap into vp ute...main reason was avoid engineer crap & don't regret it.

Just means ls conversion in something else lol

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I've done an LS1 in a VC, was a skid car so not done with licensing in mind. A few creative engineering solutions but it all went well and including the engine, trans and tuning came in under $3k.

Reactions: Lex

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
The engineering shouldn't be an issue. A 6l going into a a chassis that was factory 5l will be easy.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
for me I would leave the blue meanie alone, I prefer the 304/355 sound over any ls,
As suggested save yourself all the troubles with the LS and its wiring/steering/extractor/ engine height, sit/gearbox choice clearances and a few other lil issues and....

as suggested bolt on the new harrop blower kit on the refreshed 355 and your good to go and enough power for a 1300kg car.

Robbo Blue Meanie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK commodore
for me I would leave the blue meanie alone, I prefer the 304/355 sound over any ls,
As suggested save yourself all the troubles with the LS and its wiring/steering/extractor/ engine height, sit/gearbox choice clearances and a few other lil issues and....

as suggested bolt on the new harrop blower kit on the refreshed 355 and your good to go and enough power for a 1300kg car.
Yeah I’m swaying towards a drop in motor without all the hassle
Cheers