Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS2 issues

Wookie327

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice
Will be before and after the cats post manifolds.
Thank harrop senator I’m having trouble diagnosing a miss on cylinder 5 changed plug/lead/coil/ and injector so far nothing also done a compression test an seemed to be fine any ideas anyone

H

harrop.senator

Could be a sad lifter or valve spring. Usually comp test would show it though because it's not completely closing or opening as far and you'll see a variance.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
sure yours is an ls2 as they were only in the hsv's, what year caprice ? they changed lifters around the 2008 range

Wookie327

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice
Could be a sad lifter or valve spring. Usually comp test would show it though because it's not completely closing or opening as far and you'll see a variance.
It,s a 6.0litre 2011 caprice so if I remove the head and sort it out it should be ok...? Thanks for your help guys

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yours might be L98 or L77 afm, if its L98 should have the LS3 lifters if its the L77 then will be dod lifters

Wookie327

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice
yours might be L98 or L77 afm, if its L98 should have the LS3 lifters if its the L77 then will be dod lifters
How can I tell the difference I’m not around the car at the moment but what are dod lifters? Can it be fixed without a rebuild?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
it will be on the passenger strut tower tag plate, the dod lifters are designed to collapse for the cylinder deactivation so can be louder anyway or they do have some issues over time, LS lifters can be replaced its a heads off to get to them, best to find out which engine u have as any fix if there is an issue is very different to each engine or option u want to go

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
2011 Caprice will be an L77.