Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS3 Air Intake

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I remember I watched a video and they had a V8 of some description it was fairly stock. They wanted to increase the power and the dyno guy said don't worry about the intake. He said intake mods will give you 1-2% at best but exhausts can gain 8-10% if set up correctly.
CAI's are important if you require one but the truth is most modern V8 sports cars don't require them.

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
I remember I watched a video and they had a V8 of some description it was fairly stock. They wanted to increase the power and the dyno guy said don't worry about the intake. He said intake mods will give you 1-2% at best but exhausts can gain 8-10% if set up correctly.
CAI's are important if you require one but the truth is most modern V8 sports cars don't require them.
You are correct you will get more out of exhaust but I think they need each other more in more out well I NEED BOTH well maybe just want both lol

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I'll watch this when I get home because I'm listening to Mac Miller atm but I bet I'll see my prediction come true and it'll be 1-2% increase. Maybe 3% at a stretch

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
Happy dyno!
Was it you who said you gained over 20rwkw just by adding high flow cats over the super restrictive factory hsv cats?
If it was i wouldnt be talking about questionable dyno results if i was you.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Was it you who said you gained over 20rwkw just by adding high flow cats over the super restrictive factory hsv cats?
If it was i wouldnt be talking about questionable dyno results if i was you.
Yeah, but then you're me are you.
I stated what my tuner and the dyno sheets (which I uploaded said). Unless I missed something, mine has as much done as the one in the vid and made a bit less than 260rwkw. Hardly overstated.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, but then you're me are you.
I stated what my tuner and the dyno sheets (which I uploaded said). Unless I missed something, mine has as much done as the one in the vid and made a bit less than 260rwkw. Hardly overstated.
You know what im getting at,your dyno results are bullshit when you changed cats and you know it,yet you will take the piss at other dyno results knowing full well yours are bullshit too.Good luck with that lol
Worse still you quote street quick results like they are gospel and they fully disprove your dyno results as well.
Afaik street quick are known to have a very accurate and repeatable dyno and are known for that fact in the industry.
24 rwkw with just high flow cats bahaha,street quick only managed 23 rwhp with a full exhaust(tuned)
Dont let the truth get in the way of a good yarn ay...
You have no right to be questioning dyno results.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
284kw with just exhaust on stock tune ?
Im referring to what this bloke with the spitfire coloured car said about the gains he made when he changed his cats,his results were questionable at best,thats what i was talking about.
I think the dyno video is a good comparison at what percentage of gains can be made with what intake,how accurate the actual peak numbers are is anyones guess.