Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS3 catch can install pics with OTR

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
Has anyone here got pictures of their catch can install on their LS3? Specifically one with an OTR as it gives you less room to mount one.
Im trying to install one on the drivers side, but having issues figuring out where to mount....

I have looked on the web, but cant find much.

Thanks

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
Very interested in this one.

Which catch can did you buy? I had the HPD one on my Silverado and while it is expensive, it has a convenient dipstick to check oil level and have been looking at this one for the LS3 I am picking up on Monday.

I was going to make a bracket off the cylinder head, but not sure if the pulley and engine cover are going to be in the way until I see the car. OTR might be an issue for future fitment for me as it is in my plans too.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I mounted my Elite catch can to the passengers side head with some 15mm alloy spacers and ran the hoses across the top of the throttle body to the drivers side.
Will upload some pics shortly.

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
Very interested in this one.

Which catch can did you buy? I had the HPD one on my Silverado and while it is expensive, it has a convenient dipstick to check oil level and have been looking at this one for the LS3 I am picking up on Monday.

I was going to make a bracket off the cylinder head, but not sure if the pulley and engine cover are going to be in the way until I see the car. OTR might be an issue for future fitment for me as it is in my plans too.

I have an elite one mate

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
I mounted my Elite catch can to the passengers side head with some 15mm alloy spacers and ran the hoses across the top of the throttle body to the drivers side.
Will upload some pics shortly.

great
curious to know how you ran the hose from the manifold inlet tube to the catch can.
Did you get some 90 degree joiners, as I cant imagine you could bend the hoses too much to go over the TB without it kinking?

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
You actually need a slightly bigger loop on the drivers side as I just noticed that the catch can Inlet hose is slightly too short and has developed a kink. If you unclip all the other bits and pieces to the left of the TB, you can run the 3/8 lines in behind and under, then clip everything back into place.
IMG_8097.JPG IMG_8098.JPG IMG_8099.JPG IMG_8100.JPG

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I saw a pic the other day of an Elite can on a custom bracket, bolted somewhere near to the fuse box.
Right where the MSE sits...(didn't have a MSE fitted)

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
I put mine on the passengers side originally because it was set up for the L77. Now I have the DOD deleted and different valve covers it's the same as an LS3, with the dirty side routed round the back of the engine.

9_D688_F09_01_C4_4_A66_85_F3_C92_CEF25_AC9_E.jpg

64451921_03_CF_4_B1_F_A7_B7_34407_E0_CEC9_B.jpg

EE74_C739_152_B_4_F48_8_E2_F_24_B7_E3_EEA170.jpg

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
thanks everyone
Gives me options.
Looks like ill mount onto the passenger side like I had it on my L77 and run hoses accordingly