Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS3 catch can install pics with OTR

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
D10210E4-291F-4B3D-B4F5-F8586CBAFC35.jpeg
9A905358-E0E9-4C37-AB0D-75FACF781E6E.jpeg
711181F2-C6F4-4382-9CE3-A6BFB743F78A.jpeg
95E1A133-880F-4CF6-A132-EF25344BE8CB.jpeg
I ordered Red Holley Valve covers on the weekend Flo Rida, would you be able to post some pics? Or email them to me? I'd like to see what you did with the coil mounts and wiring if possible?

no dramas! I’ve since tidied the wiring harnesses after taking these photos so I’ll post more tomorrow. This is how it looked a week or two ago. I measured up and fabricated the fuel rail covers at home out of some .09 mirrored stainless sheet. It took a bit of time to get the dimensions right so they fitted down the gap between the manifold cover and injectors, & also getting the height right but I’ve got a template made now out of 1.2 stainless sheet. I’m happy with the result

Last edited:

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
Is oil/ air separation a big problem under high load at high rpm in the Holden engines?

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
View attachment 196670 View attachment 196668 View attachment 196666 View attachment 196667

no dramas! I’ve since tidied the wiring harnesses after taking these photos so I’ll post more tomorrow. This is how it looked a week or two ago. I measured up and fabricated the fuel rail covers at home out of some .09 mirrored stainless sheet. It took a bit of time to get the dimensions right so they fitted down the gap between the manifold cover and injectors, & also getting the height right but I’ve got a template made now out of 1.2 stainless sheet. I’m happy with the result

Thanks Flo, much appreciated. I was wondering what you did with the wiring look and main coil plug.

I'll get ine done over the holidays and post some pics. They look clean and neat! :)

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
You have done a very neat job on your engine bay,I like the look of the rocker cover,did you get them in Aus or ordered them from the statesand did the standard leads fit up or are they after market also?

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
View attachment 196670 View attachment 196668 View attachment 196666 View attachment 196667

MAFLESS tune on W375 package?
mine isn't??

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
it’s a bit of effort to get the bay looking tidy. to the learned eye it’s obviously aftermarket but this is how Holden should have finished the Sports series VFs or something similar or better that you can tell it’s v8 muscle imo. instead just fit a big plastic cover to hide all the unsightly bits which is almost everything. the loom is routed to take advantage of the least amount of cable possible and makes it hard to do much to clean up the bay without altering it. I’m just happy mines starting to look ok with some chilled time tinkering with stuff I can’t really fu&k up to much..

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Thanks Flo, much appreciated. I was wondering what you did with the wiring look and main coil plug.

I'll get ine done over the holidays and post some pics. They look clean and neat! :)

Thanks Man! I black heat shrinked the coil plugs it helped a lot. Just take the coil plug connector out & slip some shield over it, clip it back in and hit it with some heat. I’m Currently in the process of heat shrinking everything at the moment it’s good stuff. I’m also replacing as many hoses as possible with some 316 stainless pipe that I’ll bend up to re-route then flare & finally mirror finish. Got the heater hoses to do which are currently blanked off at the firewall and hoses to the catch can.

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
You have done a very neat job on your engine bay,I like the look of the rocker cover,did you get them in Aus or ordered them from the statesand did the standard leads fit up or are they after market also?

Cheers LS1SS

Just got them here in Brissie they’re Holley LS Tall covers (I think). Does away with the ugly factory coil pack mounting bracket & orientates the coils in opposing directions. Gives a bit more clearance to the valve gear than stock to. The leads are aftermarket but factory leads fit perfect too. I also put woven titanium heat shield tubing from RCE over the leads