Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS3 crate motor will not start

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

52Chev

Reaction score
Members Ride
1952 Chev Pickup
Yes ari666. I have dakota digital gauges and they have an engine light in them. This is what is shitting me, I have no codes so I am just triple checking the same things.

52Chev

Reaction score
Members Ride
1952 Chev Pickup
Ari666, do you use hp tuner? I might have to do a course and learn the insides of this computer.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yeah i do. its a trick bit of kit and worth every penny IMO. real time tuning is handy as all hell, just get your wideband setup, adjust correction factors for VE then go driving.
how do u find the RTT is there much u can change whilst on the go..? i usually just go for a drive and try to hit a curtain range/load and then head back and then look at log and adjust from there which can take up a afternoon quite easily, but yea the second i seen my tuner showing me the program i had to get it i just love all that tuning side and once u get your head around it its gold...

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
how do u find the RTT is there much u can change whilst on the go..?

now that the tune is pretty much complete, then running logs is pretty much the same as RTT, since you need to copy/paste/flash the new VE tables anyway with RTT, but at the start when i was trying to get a VT commodore tune to work on a 454, then yeah it was cruicial, the immediate changes to vacuum, rpm etc were really helpful to see what changes had what affect, and you witnessed it happening right away. not only that, it was much easier to ignore events that you know would skew your data, lets just say you were idle tuning and you knocked off a vac hose which sent a spike, you could look back at the figures youre about to load, look back at the historgrams and chose to ignore the data of that section, load the new data and watch what happens, without have to stop, turn the engine off, flash, restart, then watch again.

the actual functionality of it could be improved quite a lot. idle tables and IAC are based off a different RTT file to VE tables, so you need to head back to your base tune file and flash the different RTT file so you can use it, which is a bit **** if you want to change 2 seperate things at once, like: get idle right while also changing VE tables. plus there have been a few times ive spent 20 or so mins driving and making changes, only to get back REALLY happy with the progress. shut the laptop and switch off the engine only to remember that i needed to copy/paste the tables i had just been editing... fkn sucks man.

but is it worth 2 credits? ... probably not at this stage, but if i had a stock tune and i was fresh installing a decent cam, id prolly front the extra coin for it again, yeah.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
looks like under some circumstances it would be great and then some would be same as normal, yea i hate it when u loose your work ive had a couple logs lost when i go to look at them and i press record instead of play and it starts fresh and then i realize it wasnt saved yet either...