Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS3 engine builder recommendations in Sydney

up2nogood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS AFM.
Hi guys.
2010 WM Grange.
Gone through a few dramas with shops, first doing a rough install of a 1900 supercharger and wrong valve springs which chewed out the cam, along with a rotten tune that dumped fuel in.
This engine died.

On another recommendation, I gave the engine to Peter Trimbounas of Hi Tec Engine Builders who put it together with forged steel stroker kit, but upon returning the engine to me has suffered severe mental illness and is uncontactable as far as getting cam specs to order the correct Harrop pulleys to finish this off.

So I need the front pulleys and overhead gear set up (needs rockers) and it tuned correctly as it’s still running the crap tune from the start.

And I hope to god that Peter did a good job of the engine set up, as I have no way of knowing.......

So who might you guys recommend?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Autowerks ?

monty_vfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S2 Redline
Hi guys.
2010 WM Grange.
Gone through a few dramas with shops, first doing a rough install of a 1900 supercharger and wrong valve springs which chewed out the cam, along with a rotten tune that dumped fuel in.
This engine died.

On another recommendation, I gave the engine to Peter Trimbounas of Hi Tec Engine Builders who put it together with forged steel stroker kit, but upon returning the engine to me has suffered severe mental illness and is uncontactable as far as getting cam specs to order the correct Harrop pulleys to finish this off.

So I need the front pulleys and overhead gear set up (needs rockers) and it tuned correctly as it’s still running the crap tune from the start.

And I hope to god that Peter did a good job of the engine set up, as I have no way of knowing.......

So who might you guys recommend?
What were the valve springs that fuked the cam??