Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS3] LS3 into VU

stormvu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU ii storm
hey guys,
i have a LS3 Stroker motor that was bought for my Hx one tonner build and since the tonner is still awhile away,
I have Vu with a near cactus motor so was going to transplant the LS3 into that so i can see how it goes sort out all the teething issues and what not with it.
Does anybody have experience with this? or know anyone that has so i can get some tips and find out what i have to do? cheers

nate-vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
blown vy v8 ute
I think its best just to give the ls3 to me mate =]

stormvu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU ii storm
Haha oh what fun that would be haha I reckon in about a months time ill put it into the vu, since I bought it back of my uncle. See what the motor can do.

nate-vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
blown vy v8 ute
Haha oh what fun that would be haha I reckon in about a months time ill put it into the vu, since I bought it back of my uncle. See what the motor can do.

Soubds like a good plan mate . Drags coming up in july ... hint hint

AGRSSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS, Cammed VN V6 daily
you will need an e38 ecu to run the LS3 (with a loom change to suit) or you can pull out your old reluctor wheel from the LS1 and install that into the LS3, this will trick your old ECU and it will still think it has the LS1 in it and run fine with a tune, everything else will bolt up, You will also have to swap the throttlebody over to retain cable driven. This will however cause a restriction and you will need to upgrade that too.

rathy1406

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 5.7 6m
The quote below is wrong.

You can use the Ligenfelter reluctor conversion box TRG002. You will also need injector adapters, cam sensor loom extension and the same for the map sensor. A few other things that I can't think of atm but you certainly do not need to change to a E38 PCM.

you will need an e38 ecu to run the LS3 (with a loom change to suit) or you can pull out your old reluctor wheel from the LS1 and install that into the LS3, this will trick your old ECU and it will still think it has the LS1 in it and run fine with a tune, everything else will bolt up, You will also have to swap the throttlebody over to retain cable driven. This will however cause a restriction and you will need to upgrade that too.