Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS3 short style injectors in rb30et

foochini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL TURBO
hey i picked up a cheap set off short style ls3 type injectors really cheap, realized i had too get a custom fuel rail made up so have done that, but my question is has anybody used these before?! and how much power can they support? (injector is on the far left)
thanks in advance!
dsc03343.jpg

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
stock LS3 injectors are 42lb at 400kpa (58psi) there are alot of variables to how much power u will get out of them but there are hp/inj calculators out there to get a ball park http://fuelinjectorclinic.com/hp-calculator

foochini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL TURBO
What style plug are they? How would I go about fitting the ls3 plugs into a rb30 loom?
Sorry if it's a dumb question.
Thanks
Matt

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
RB 30 looks to have a bosch type plug, the ls3 injectors have the USCAR type plug, just be aware that the rb30 injectors are very low ohms 2.4, and the ls3 injectors are like 14 ohms, so sounds like the vl will have drivers for the injectors which may damage the ls3 ones, there are plug/terminal kits available to suit injectors

foochini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL TURBO
So if I have an aftermarket computer say an autronic smc with a driver from 1-16 ohms I should be okay too use them?
I'm thinking the last piece off the puzzle is some form or uscar-Bosch adapter then tune it up at the tuners

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yea as long as it suits the injectors resistance will be fine, an adapter will suit or u can change the plug itself either way is fine