Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LSA Crate engine installed into VE GTS E1

CREEKWATER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gts Ve E1
Hi, I’m wondering if there are threads or anyone who knows about dropping an LSA SUPERCHARGED crate motor into a GTS VE E1. My motor has done 220,000km and thinking about if I should go for a rebuild or to go for an upgrade to the crate motor. cheers

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I'm sure some one has done it, but I cant remember reading about it on JC.
Would be an interesting project. If you go ahead with it, take plenty of pics and do a write up.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Price would be typical to getting your engine refreshed and then getting a Harrop HTV

The LSA crate is over $20k to start with, then you need all the auxiliaries for the little 1900 blower

Rebuilding your LS can be had for under less than $10k with cnc heads, cam, springs, Cr rods and trunnion upgrade

https://www.lsxperformanceparts.com.au/ls3-6-2l-reconditioned-engine-with-cam-package-long-motor/

A HTV 2300 or 2650 can be had for about $13k with everything you need

For me, the ability to remove the supercharger for resale later down the track is handy as you can just remove the blower and replace your intake

Plus less logistics involved with needing to change engine numbers, rego, insurance

Plus there isn't really anything special inside the LSA, apart from having a little blower on top

The only benefit for a LSA crate would be having the ability to gather parts, thus minimising the time the car will be off the road

Engine rebuild can take weeks at a minimum, when you can book it in, to months (contact your engine builder for accurate build time)

I would rebuild, put a 2300 on it and let the good times roll, it will cost typical to sticking in a LSA, but will be so much better

I would also look at factoring in getting the transmission rebuilt and a big transcooler if it's a 6L80E, or a good clutch upgrade if it's a TR6060

https://www.craigsautos.com.au/automatic-transmission/performance-cars/

Have fun, start a build thread

VFSV340

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV 340
there's quite a few guys in Perth that could provide some guidance as they do this ....

Marks Workshop, a few down south such as BYE Performance that used to work with car clubs etc..

I thought about if for VF but theres more to it for the LSA accessories than bolt in replacement like for like LS3....

CREEKWATER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gts Ve E1
Thanks for taking the time there and explaining the pros and cons, seems like it be the way to go, avoid the lsa and work with the factory motor And do the upgrades. Cheers