Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LSA crate motors. Peoples Opinions

ONROADYNO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
I have seen the new LSA 6.2 with 1900 supercharger for sale for $10500 - $12500.
This seems like a great deal.
What does everyone think?

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Yeah, it can be a great deal.

If yourein the market for an engine conversion and looking at LS3's etc whats another 4 grand or so?

On the flip side. Reports are from people tuning these things that there isnt much left in them. The blower is quite small in comparison to others on the market like the Heartbeat. So you cant squeeze much more out of it via a pulley change and a tune. You have to start opening up the engine.

So you have to weigh up the prices and power gains.

Would it be worth say transplanting one into an LS1 powered car? Maybe. Spend 11k + labor and other parts and youll probably make the same power via a larger supercharger or turbo kit + anything else you want to throw at it with your change.

An LS3 will run you around 7 grand, what could you do with that 4? LSX?

So yeah, they do SOUND cheap. But without looking at what comes with the car - electronics, driveline upgrades etc it may not be worth it.

ONROADYNO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Grennan, I agree that if you buy it as a stand alone motor, then pay for a computer, pulley upgrade and tune it would be worth looking at a LSX or 2300 0r 2900 blower.
I was trying to size it up with the 525hp 6.2 motor that is about the same price.