Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LSA LTFT reading high at low rpm. What should I do

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
I left the ECT normal stock at 110. Figured i'd delay the boundary instead to keep it RPM specific. Tiny changes. I know it's not what you said but I only wanted to touch the effected rpm as I am still learning.

Any recomendations on a serial wideband? I've seen good reviews on the AEM serial. I'm using a MPVI2.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
will be fine as i said if anything it will only go richer, if u dont want to do much just leave the boundary all 520 and set the ect 110 back to the 80-90 range and it will be fine, the AEM X-series 30-0334 just uses factory PID for wideband super easy to use just wire in and plug into obd and setup n your done

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Will read up on it.

Thanks for all your time! I'm back on shift tonight so no more playing till next week.

Cheers!

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Progress. Following the LTFT + STFT method of VVE tuning. Tutorials are on You Tube. Going good so far. Still got a few outliers but nearly good enough. The MAF is a bit off at this same range of driving. So I'm picking the tuner looks for big HP numbers on the dyno and makes the tune 'safe' overall, but the time consuming finicky stuff gets left out.

Start
1.PNG

2nd iteration

2.PNG

Calling this good enough
3.PNG

Still got a dip to sort out in the middle which is around some rich spots
1597394088663.png

Wish i had a dyno

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
looking much better, when is your PE kicking in ? to make it easier u can disable LTFT and just dial in using STFT then re enable later if u want to use them, are u using maf also or just vve ? see what the vve is like on the 3 bar map make sure u don't have any odd bits of negative as is only showing n/a scale there

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Have MAF failed while i'm doing this. When I re-enable the MAF the trims get off again as it's in blended mode. I've compared the VE Air mass flow vs the scaled MAF and the MAF is a little off so I will tune that next. I'll have to be careful with the MAF re-calibration because the original Tuner should have it sweet for power runs. So i'll have to blend it in whilst not touching above 100g/s. I'm only tidying up this low throttle cruise stuff. Looking forward to hooking the wide band up.

These are the PE settings. 2 bar map below...
1597406076269.png

2 bar map. I have more work to do. I didn't know I could re-scale it. I used the axis default drop down list. I see the 3 bar one you said.
1597406698387.png

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
with PE put the delay to zero and ramp in to 2 if ur using the 3 bar map as lsa should be change it to that and dial it in as u can now see fueling goes down all lower rpm high map which isn't good and if the vve and maf are to far out under some circumstances it will default to the vve, yea really need to get a wideband going

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB for sure. So much things to play with... I'm leaving the VVE at 1 bar while I am still learning... Baby steps

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
can be better to see the whole picture, doing what ur doing well still have same results just u will see more into the trends going on in the vve

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Weird how it turns negative after 100kPa. Thought I had the table getting close. I see what you are saying.

Being doing some reading on reverse calculating the VVE table from my MAF table. That will help to get the 100kPa - 200kPa VVE into ball park.

Might as well just go MAF-less if i'm going to put all this effort in???