Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LSD 3.27 diff issue

Reno16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeII
i have an issue with my lsd diff where it shudders when slowly accelerating around a corner. When raised rear wheels can be rotated on same direction but when one is held still the other can be turned quite easily.

My question is, what will likely happen if I don’t fork out the cash to replace now and keep driving? Will I do more damage therefore costing more than the $2500 for a replacement and bearings that has already been quoted?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
i have an issue with my lsd diff where it shudders when slowly accelerating around a corner. When raised rear wheels can be rotated on same direction but when one is held still the other can be turned quite easily.

My question is, what will likely happen if I don’t fork out the cash to replace now and keep driving? Will I do more damage therefore costing more than the $2500 for a replacement and bearings that has already been quoted?

For that amount of money, you should be able to get a Truetrac fitted and never have to worry about it again.
Call Harrop and get a quote.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Probably won’t fix your issue but have you tried changing the diff oil? Might help it for the time being, as the guy above me said if your going to rebuild it get a true trac centre it’s a far far superior unit to the stock lsd and will never give you trouble again also much nicer to drive as well