Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lsd or not

flip1906

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vs stato
how are we all just wondering if anyone knows off the top of their head if the vs s2 96 stato came out with LSD if it helps has the L67 engine, what is the easiest way to tell by looking at it.

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
Probably the easiest way is to do a burn out, but the best way is to jack the back wheel off the ground and turn the wheel by hand. If both wheels turn it's a sure bet that you have LSD.

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
LSD is only an option there is no telling if your car has it the only person who can tell you is the original buyer.

jack it up turn one wheel if the other turns in the same direction you got lsd if it turns in the opposite direction you got a open diff.

flip1906

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vs stato
cheers guys will do, lets hope.

B

blofly

theres a little silver tag on the diff case you will see it say either Performance or LSD, hopefully you will have a pleasant surprise

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
"accidently" give it a bit as you reverse off some grass, if theres one mark, normal, if theres two, lsd :)

i'd suggest keeping that to some personal patch of grass that you dont mind re-growing.

definitly dont want to be caught checking it out for 30mins straight on an oval or somethign stupid..

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
The burnouts don't work. My car doesn't mind leaving 2 patches every now and then and I'm pretty sure it's a single even though it has locked up 2 on turns on several occasions(90% of times singles spins), could be a very worn LSD who knows.

flip1906

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vs stato
not the result i wanted oh well you guys know the standard ratio in a 96 stato