Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LSD Upgrade.

NicholaSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7
G'day everyone, my names Nick, long time lurker, first time poster. I was hoping someone might be able to give me some advice/ideas please. I have a S2 VT SS with the M80 LSD, with the stock gear ratio of 3.08? I believe they are? What I'm wondering is would I have to replace the LSD unit with say an Eaton unit in order to change the gear ratio to a 3.7 or maybe a 3.9? It's only done 156xxx KMs and doesn't make any noise and spins twins. So yeah, should I update while I have the house open to change gears or keep the factory unit? Thanks for your time.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
auto will have those gears manual will be 3.45...if lsd is still good can be reused don't have to get truetrac.

It's recommended for those that like drag racing/skids after they've worn out a few lsd centres.

NicholaSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7
auto will have those gears manual will be 3.45...if lsd is still good can be reused don't have to get truetrac.

It's recommended for those that like drag racing/skids after they've worn out a few lsd centres.
Ok beauty thanks mate, yeah she's auto. Its just a street car, no racing or major skids so I think I'll keep the stock unit. Thanks for your help.