Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LSX LXX V8 Remote tuning service :)

MACE

Reaction score
Given the great success we've had with the "untunable" alloytec and SIDI V6 range

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/mace-engineering/167287-mace-ve-v6-tune-review.html

We now offer a remote tuning service for their bigger brothers :D

Essentially the tuning procedure involves, people supplying us their list of current mods, desired outcomes (within reason), and VIN number. We send up the programmer/data logger (which requires a PC) with software and email out a base tune.

Once the base tune is flashed the runs are logged, which need to be emailed back to enable us to revise the tune to suit your car specifically. We then email up a revised tune (where needed) at no cost.

So it’s not just a basic generic tune that you end up with which, depending on the number of logs, can work out to be better then a dyno tune given the additional information under real world conditions

At the moment the tunes are on special for $440, plus free loan of the programmer/logger

So whether you have a auto (4 or 6 speed)/manual bolts ons cam or blower the price is the same at the moment.

Given the metering accuracy (hence high tuning quality remotely) these are for only MAF tunes at this point in time.

When I get a chance I've have more of a writeup on some work we're doing at the moment on a LS3 Maloo and an L98

Cheers,
Steve

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
:thumbsup:very reasonable pricing

looks like your gonna be selling mafless in no time at all!!!

:driving:

MACE

Reaction score
:thumbsup:very reasonable pricing

looks like your gonna be selling mafless in no time at all!!!

:driving:

In regards to the MAFless tunes remotely, it is much more involved to get spot on under all driving conditions, especially when it comes to cams heads etc so I can't see that happening for us for a while now.

Sure it may cost a couple of kw top end, but we're not talking about send and forget mail order tunes here either.

The customer in our case, has a much greater input into how their car, under their driving conditions should behave. In a number of respects this can work being better then just a straight dyno custom tune, as more consideration/input is given as to how the car drives under real work conditions, transient response desired shift points etc.

Interesting times ahead for sure :)

Top notch work Steve! A question that sprang into my mind, what sort of timeframe are we talking to let the data logging occur?

Bring it on :D

Good question Darren,

In regards to time frames for logs its more or a case by case basis thing. Long story short, we'll take as much time as we need till we get the car running right to ones standards, within reason of course (25X/25X duration cam, idling like a complete stocker comes to mind LOL)

Cheers,
Steve

MACE

Reaction score
Another development with the software over the coming months is that we'll have a method for changing the accelerator pedal response, something that is new for LSX controllers. Furthermore, it's likely that the driver can change the map on the fly by selecting competition mode / traction off mode :D

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Steve, if you need any 'testers' by all means flick me an email, I'll be only too glad to put it through its paces. One thing I have always found with the Clubsport the accelerator is that touchy it actually made it rather difficult to transition to another manual, the last manual car was a Datsun 200B so a different beast entirely lol

With that aside let me be the first say to how pleased I am with the end result even before any modifications to the base tune :D

The car now feels more responsive straight from the word go right through the rev range although more noticeable mid to upper end, gets to the red line much quicker (as if it weren't quick enough previously!) and in general seems much smoother when on the accelerator.

For the record the only mod is cat back which I'm hoping will be changed shortly and liven it up a little more.

I will be putting the car up on the dyno hopefully sometime this week to backup what I have written above (before and after then once again if any tweaks are required) to see how the improvements have gone. I am certainly very eager to make this happen.

In my honest opinion the bang for buck value for money is insane, there are companies out there wanting double to triple the price for exactly the same thing.

aedeau

Reaction score
Members Ride
My 10 VE SS ute AFM
Does the $440 include a gearbox tune for a6 autos? Or is that separate? Do you take into account minor mods? I.e intake, exhaust? I presume if u have a cam that'll be extra?

MACE

Reaction score
Steve, if you need any 'testers' by all means flick me an email, I'll be only too glad to put it through its paces. One thing I have always found with the Clubsport the accelerator is that touchy it actually made it rather difficult to transition to another manual, the last manual car was a Datsun 200B so a different beast entirely lol
Will keep this in mind. So you want your Clubby to drive like a Datsun, got it LOL :p

With that aside let me be the first say to how pleased I am with the end result even before any modifications to the base tune :D

The car now feels more responsive straight from the word go right through the rev range although more noticeable mid to upper end, gets to the red line much quicker (as if it weren't quick enough previously!) and in general seems much smoother when on the accelerator.

For the record the only mod is cat back which I'm hoping will be changed shortly and liven it up a little more.

I will be putting the car up on the dyno hopefully sometime this week to backup what I have written above (before and after then once again if any tweaks are required) to see how the improvements have gone. I am certainly very eager to make this happen.

In my honest opinion the bang for buck value for money is insane, there are companies out there wanting double to triple the price for exactly the same thing.

Ah excellent Darren. Thanks for having the faith and trust in us to provide you with this product/service for your beast :D

Please get those logs back to us when you can such that we can revise the tune for you

Does the $440 include a gearbox tune for a6 autos? Or is that separate? Do you take into account minor mods? I.e intake, exhaust? I presume if u have a cam that'll be extra?

At the moment none of what you’ve mentioned is extra, as it’s a promotional price :)

If you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Will keep this in mind. So you want your Clubby to drive like a Datsun, got it LOL :p
:rofl2: as much as I loved that little car I think it would kill me to get back to one now, I would miss my electrical luxuries a little too much ooo and the power under the right foot.

I'm still amazed the difference it has made even with the base tune, bring on the mods :surprise:

MACE said:
Ah excellent Darren. Thanks for having the faith and trust in us to provide you with this product/service for your beast :D

Please get those logs back to us when you can such that we can revise the tune for you
Whoops my mail server must have deleted them, sent them through again this morning. I will try and get a couple of more logs to / from work before getting it up on the dyno, just need to find a battery which will last and a solid state drive for the laptop so it doesn't have a fit and shutdown whilst I'm driving.

Thanks again Steve, love your work :D