Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LSX LXX V8 Remote tuning service :)

MACE

Reaction score
Steve, is this promo still on, have just come across it, have ve 06/07 v8
regards alan

Hi Alan,

We still have this on offer at the moment. We can also supply a VCM OTR ontop of the tune for $480 plus postage if that helps

If you have any more please don't hesitate to ask

Cheers,
Steve

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Top work here Steve

I have been going through the EXACT process with a Subaru H6 3.0, I ECUFLASH flash in new tune, run ROMRAIDER to log engine info, send details back to tuner in Barbados, within 10 mins new tune is in email and after 1.5hrs and 3 reflashes the difference in every aspect of engine performance has been improved, some of it massively.

The tuner is on the other side of the planet nearly and I am getting a tune like I never have had. I would suggest MACE is really onto a good thing here, so long as the logging is easy etc then customers will love it

I gather the customer needs a LAPTOP, a tank of juice and some time..........

MACE

Reaction score
Thanks Tim,

Remote tuning isn't the be all to end all in tuning however it gives people a lot more options, empowering customers in the process, enabling them to have greater input as to how their car runs under their driving conditions :)

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Hi Steve,
I have a few questions, these "logs" that you mention....how does it work?
my understanding is that i plug your device into the car and simply drive it...is this right?
how would different driving styles affect the tune..say if im just stuck in a traffic versus a few nice open sprints between lights.
I have a VX S2 SS, do you also stock an OTR to suit and also mate...have you figured out the mafless tune yet?

MACE

Reaction score
Hi Steve,
my understanding is that i plug your device into the car and simply drive it...is this right?
how would different driving styles affect the tune..say if im just stuck in a traffic versus a few nice open sprints between lights.
I have a VX S2 SS, do you also stock an OTR to suit and also mate...have you figured out the mafless tune yet?

The programmer/logger records the the sensors that the ECM and TCM(if auto) see or are using at that point in time and their appropriate values

“my understanding is that i plug your device into the car and simply drive it...is this right?”
Correct, our you can run it down the 1/4 mile or dyno day etc. With these logs, if there are any changes needed to suit your car specifically, we supply you with a revised tune accordingly

“how would different driving styles affect the tune..say if im just stuck in a traffic versus a few nice open sprints between lights.”
Tuning for only full throttle and max load is not that hard, relatively to fine tuning how the car runs under transient conditions (cruising then suddenly backing off or booting it etc.). At into the mix different weather conditions (cold hot warm wet snow etc), it’s not that straight forward to be able to tune perfect on a dyno in one arvo. Most often enough, to get a tractable tune under real world conditions does take time and does require to logs to be recorded under these conditions. For arguments sake, you may not be happy the way it shifts a certain way at a certain speed at a certain hill. With your feedback we can make changes to best accommodate your requirements, remotely etc.

We do stock OTR for these as shown in the link below (which support MAF operation)

OTR COLD AIR INTAKE TO SUIT HOLDEN VT-VZ V8 - Mace Engineering Group

Don’t have any intention of supplying MAFless tunes remotely, as it’s much more involved to get spot (the tune) on under all driving conditions, especially when it comes to cams heads etc

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Wow, this is fantastic !!!! Absolutely perfect for my situation !!!!

Because of work commitments, I find it nearly impossible to get anywhere near a workshop for a tune during business hours (9 to 5)
I am do not need to have Dyno figures, just an improvement in driveability and performance.

I have an OTRCAI (MAF) sitting around after buying it, and finding the car running like a pig after fitting it.
The thing lasted 1 day on the car, and I decided to revert back to stock.

I also have a catback exhaust (very mild), but have been looking to replace the whole thing including headers an Cats in the next month. (Time not money permitting).

I am definitely interested in this offer.. Very very interested.
Will this offer still be available around December ?
If not, what does the normal price of this service cost ?

Cheers
Matti

MACE

Reaction score
Wow, this is fantastic !!!! Absolutely perfect for my situation !!!!

Because of work commitments, I find it nearly impossible to get anywhere near a workshop for a tune during business hours (9 to 5)
I am do not need to have Dyno figures, just an improvement in driveability and performance.

I have an OTRCAI (MAF) sitting around after buying it, and finding the car running like a pig after fitting it.
The thing lasted 1 day on the car, and I decided to revert back to stock.

I also have a catback exhaust (very mild), but have been looking to replace the whole thing including headers an Cats in the next month. (Time not money permitting).

I am definitely interested in this offer.. Very very interested.
Will this offer still be available around December ?
If not, what does the normal price of this service cost ?

Cheers
Matti

Hey Matti,

Thanks for your inquiry

In regards to your questions/statements...

"Will this offer still be available around December ?"
It will

"If not, what does the normal price of this service cost ?"
Good question, it would likely be around the $550 mark

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
Hi Guys,

I was just about to do this with Ozrtack and noticed this post..

So how is this going to work? You send me the bits - i plug them in and drive around for a week? (where does it plug into?)

This is great for me as it means not having to loose use of the car while it's being done.

Does it cover a tune up on the autobox? I have a 2 1/5 cat back & VCM OTR CAI.

Will this tune get rid of the check engine light that occasionaly comes on?

MACE

Reaction score
Hey Luke,

Thanks for your inquiry

In regards to your questions/statements:

“So how is this going to work? You send me the bits - i plug them in and drive around for a week?
In summary, the process involved in getting to work, practically are shown in the points below

• Fill out a form to establish your requirements
• Wait for the programmer to arrive
• Once arrived install software and drivers for the programmer
• Read your current tunes (one for the engine and transmission)
• Email these across and will email you a custom base tune shortly afterwards
• Log how the car is running with the programmer and various conditions and report any other changes that you would like to take place and email back to us
• With this info we'll email you out another tune if necessary
• We repeat the last two steps until both parties are happy

“where does it plug into?”
Under the driver’s side dash

“This is great for me as it means not having to loose use of the car while it's being done.”
Can certainly be worked on at your own convenience

“Does it cover a tune up on the autobox? I have a 2 1/5 cat back & VCM OTR CAI”
It does

“Will this tune get rid of the check engine light that occasionaly comes on?”
Assuming that the fault is due to the OTR then yes. If there is another underlying issue then it might not be the case. In saying this though, depending on the issue, the software can diagnose what the problem is.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve