Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lucas stop powersteering leak results

muzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina
hi guys i have a 97 vs v6 with [250 000 km ] on it and the original steering rack ' except for the rack ends i had replaced 18 months ago ' has had a pretty bad leak for the last 8 months .i was topping up about 500 ml a week . works been slow so i coudnt afford a reco rack which is anything between 300 to 400 without fitting . so i read about a product called lucas powersteering stop leak 13 bucks for about a 375 ml bottle .and gave it ago apparently it helps soften the old rubber seals in the rack and helps them to soften and swell abit and seal again.the results r in and i am very very happy its taken 13 days to stop the leak and all up i used 1 and ahalf bottles of stop leak and i have no bad leak anymore[was leaking out the side of the rack near the rubber boot.now 1 thing about this stuff it is thick until operating temp is reached and in the cold mornings steering is heavier than normal for 5 minutes till the fluid heats up abit but other than that the steering feels awsome doesent feel like its gunna rattle and fall out while driving anymore lol.just feels better all round so for 26 dollars i would highly recommend this product to any1 like me who had a pretty bad leak in the powersteering im happy as cheers muz Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak : Lucas Oil

paulsautoelec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute
yiou are better of repairing the rack as once the seals swell then wear you will be looking at a rack , pump + hoses. would you put brake fluid in your engine? becauuse that is how these type of products work

muzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina
m8 youve read my other post where i said my rack and pump r on there last legs anyway [ 250 000 km ] so id rather do an easy 20 dollar fix for awhile than waste money when i cant afford it at the moment on another rack etc so frankly your opinon in this case is worthless cheers muz