Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lukey 2.5 catback, vt commodore not loud!!

Jordan!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTii 99
Hey all!
I have a 2.5 (with res) on my 99 vt. It's got a nice note and all. But when I really put my foot down, it seems like the exhaust sound goes away, and the engine roar takes over. Anyone else experience this? All I want is a loud car!! Lol

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Firstly you will never get anything near the sound you want from a lukey....they are terrible systems.

You can remove the resonator from the exhaust which will louden it up a bit, but it will drone alot.....and everyone will think your a dickh*ad as your ruining their day having to listen to drone. :banstick:

You need to go to a proper exhaust workshop and get something done or contact Notanabba fan on the forums here and he can make and ship a great system to you.

A V6 will never sound great....good maybe, but never great.

Get a proper exhaust to start with (I don't consider ebay/repco specials like lukey and redbacks to be a real exhaust)

Please don't cut the resi off your existing system, we don't need more droney 6's on the roads......it will be loud but it will sound worse than me on the toilet at 3AM after a curry dinner.

Jordan!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTii 99
I know it will never sound great! LOl. But like I said, just want it to be loud lol.
So, you reckon just take off the resi and replace a straight pipe?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I know it will never sound great! LOl. But like I said, just want it to be loud lol.
So, you reckon just take off the resi and replace a straight pipe?

Yeap, will sound 50x worse though...... Much better idea to get something made up suited to what you want

Jordan!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTii 99
What if I just get some extractors and a highflow??

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
What if I just get some extractors and a highflow??

Won't make much of a noticeable difference to the noise.

Will make a bit of a torque difference but the noise will remain more or less the same, I noticed a small change of the note at idle after I did a 100 cell and headers but barely noticable

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
extractors will make a difference on idle. as said above.
went from a stock 2 1/4 to a 2 1/4 (all new parts, but with stock cat) with the headers, and its got a bit of a thump on idle. only when listening carefully because its quiet for a six, otherwise you hear no exhaust whatsoever :p

high flow = raspier. but depends on what one you get.

if in doubt give it a go. or go speak to an exhaust shop to see what they think. they've probably seen a few hundred ecotecs with an exhaust put on in the past few years. and could direct you in a good direction.
or go speak to a few for different opinions.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Lukey= Pov pack.

Save your $$'s up for a good quality one