Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lumina LS 2005 or shal I say VZ 3.6 :)

Abo Yazan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6 2005 (Lumina LS)
Dear Friends

My name is Muneer I live in Kuwait and I own a VZ 3.6 model 2005. I am happy to find some intrested people witht the fabulous commodore. Actually and unfortunately people in kuwait or in the middel east generally do not concentrate on the tiny parts you were talking about in your different subjects like the 2 hole mods:D. I was really intrested witht the one who is providing a full explanation for that thing. For sure it's something hard to be implimented here in Kuwait as you should becareful because of the very hot weather as the Temp. might reach to 70 degree Celcus nearly inside the car in the summer. I said that because i am not sure about the side effect on the car and I think it might affect.

that is not the reason why i am wrighting, in septemper 2008 i return from a 1 month vacation. One member of my family told me that he used my car and suddenly he heared something loud that he couldn't drive the car for more than 5 minutes. i was shocked when I saw the power steering pump was the reason as there where no oile at all .

I think you should know the rest of the story:yeah:, when the winter came i had to change my power steering pump after figuring out that there where two small hoses shapped like "S" where not well installed and the part got verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry loudy and useless, I could hardly steer the car.

I went to GM I bought a new one, installed it, put the oil and started driving. the Problem is that the sound started to come again after nearly 2 weeks and only in cold weather but not that loud and the power steering pump is functioning well. So could you tell me what is the reason?, as I am checking every thing that is related to the steering pump and it appears that there is no problem.
sorry for bothering you

Regards
Muneer
img_front_exec.jpg

Last edited:

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Sometimes the belt that drives the Power Steering, Air Conditioning, Alternator etc becomes noisy. Best solution is to just replace the belt. They are not very expensive.

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
Sometimes the belt that drives the Power Steering, Air Conditioning, Alternator etc becomes noisy. Best solution is to just replace the belt. They are not very expensive.
lol just did mine cost me 30 bucks, sounds like the same prob so replace the belt u should be fine m8

Last edited: