Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LW2

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Engine code for LPG/petrol engine

graham warburton

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VZ Commodore Executive Wagon
Thanks VYWGN. Way different heads, valves and cam grind? Or not? How would I find out power specs? Cannot be standard?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Thanks VYWGN. Way different heads, valves and cam grind? Or not? How would I find out power specs? Cannot be standard?

Google - " A dual fuel 235 hp (175 kW; 238 PS) version able to run on petrol and autogas (LPG) has also been produced by Holden in Australia. "

Would think that physically the engine would be exactly the same minus the differences for the gas fittings in the manifold.

graham warburton

Reaction score
Members Ride
-R-J-K-, According to another member, the valves and the heads themselves are somewhat different hence the advice from GMH not to instal LPG on a car that was not built for LPG. Valve problems among other things. When I first got the car, I took it for a run from Mount Druitt to Lithgow. Coming back, I got behind a queue of 10 cars doing 80 in a 100 zone. Running on lpg I was a bit hesitant of overtaking but thought, I will just pass a few. Put the foot down and surprise! overtook all 10. The car took off like a scared rabbit. I am certain it is stock as a rock but the available power was surprising esp as was running on LPG, hence my question about power.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
It's an LY7 like any other. They're was nothing internally altered for the vapour gas injection system but that's probably why it surprised you. Using gas injection it makes about the same power as on petrol.

You might be getting confused with the dedicated LPG 3.6 engine Holden developed in 2012

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
^^^ Pretty much this, most factory systems are actually okay now as we're past the crappy mixer systems from 100 years ago, the injection systems pretty much put it on par with petrol (even better than petrol for the LPG EcoLPi liquid phase injection Barra, but Ford made a couple of changes to the engine).

The LW2 engine might have been based on an LE0 engine though as I though it only had cam phasing on the intake. LWR is the one that was changed up slightly and I thought that was LY7 based.

graham warburton

Reaction score
Members Ride
Too hard! auto lec's put bolts thru the plastic, the reo and the subframe. Bits of blue bulbs will sub for xmas decorations this dec 25.