Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ly7 Motor stalling

Wondarfall

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman
I have a 2009 Wm statesman ly7 V6. It starts fine in normal weather but on and overly warm day (36 plus), if in the shade it's fine but when I start it and don't have the accelerator in a bit it will stall and then when it starts the revs are very low for 20 seconds or so and then the car is normal. Wondering what the cause may be?
Brand new spark plugs and injectors have been installed all Bosch brand.
The car also stalls on first start after refueling if I do not press the accelerator

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
I have a 2009 Wm statesman ly7 V6. It starts fine in normal weather but on and overly warm day (36 plus), if in the shade it's fine but when I start it and don't have the accelerator in a bit it will stall and then when it starts the revs are very low for 20 seconds or so and then the car is normal. Wondering what the cause may be?
Brand new spark plugs and injectors have been installed all Bosch brand.
The car also stalls on first start after refueling if I do not press the accelerator
l have notice somthing similar. On a hot day fuel builds vapour/pressure and needs to be released. Maybee a vapour lock or isnt functioning correct. Have you changed the fuel pump or fuel filter, something may be restricting fuel flow. I changed the filter and added liquie molly fuel system treatment in a gold 500 ml tin and it did seem to help my issue. Maybee the fuel pump is dirty or worn.

Wondarfall

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman
l have notice somthing similar. On a hot day fuel builds vapour/pressure and needs to be released. Maybee a vapour lock or isnt functioning correct. Have you changed the fuel pump or fuel filter, something may be restricting fuel flow. I changed the filter and added liquie molly fuel system treatment in a gold 500 ml tin and it did seem to help my issue. Maybee the fuel pump is dirty or worn.

I'll have to have a look at the pump but as far as well be heard the filter for these motors is inside the tank and should never need to be replaced. Thank you