Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LY7 rebuild carbon carbon and more carbon

hookalaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 3.6
Short story bought a ve v6 in January soon found out I bought a car that needs a engine rebuild and transmission rebuild yey! So was getting tappy losing oil pressure clanky at cold start. Removed the valve covers and I've never seen so much carbon build up on any car ever.. and its clear that zero oil has been getting to the top end as its covered in dry flaky carbon no puddles of oil anywhere just dry like a desert. No wonder its been playing up last time I drove it it wouldn't go above 45kmh but wasn't in safe mode it was throwing misfire on 2, 4, 6 so thats the whole left hand side and it was very noisy. 2 days later I started it just to get it into the shed and it started like nothing had happened to it days prior.. I've tried to attach the pics I have but there too large to upload.? But been so dry up top does this mean all the cams and roller rockers etc etc need replacing..?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Might be time for a replacement engine... :(