Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

M30 Transmission problems

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Why would you do nothing and live with a rough trans that will have a relatively short life when in reality all you need to do is go to any reputable machanic ( if you can't do yourself ) and get a simple trans service done for what should be about $200 and enjoy smooth driving for the next couple of years ?
It's just like an engine, it needs oil changes. The only reason not to do it now is that if it has been log book serviced all its life it would have been done at 160,000 which sounds like not long ago for you ?
ps, how many fleet cars do you see doing any serious towing ? Probably just some middle manager who took the kids out in the tinny once a month.

lvl1pro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega
Why would you do nothing and live with a rough trans that will have a relatively short life when in reality all you need to do is go to any reputable machanic ( if you can't do yourself ) and get a simple trans service done for what should be about $200 and enjoy smooth driving for the next couple of years ?
It's just like an engine, it needs oil changes. The only reason not to do it now is that if it has been log book serviced all its life it would have been done at 160,000 which sounds like not long ago for you ?
ps, how many fleet cars do you see doing any serious towing ? Probably just some middle manager who took the kids out in the tinny once a month.

Yeah it is actually not that rough I found out that I just need to really push the brake pedal as far as it can go and then change into drive or park or whatever. With my previous cars I never had to push that hard for a smooth transition but I don't mind the extra work for a little piece of mind. The transmission is going to get serviced early next year so it should be fine till then, but if I find some spare time I will flush the trans fluid and replace the filter, it wont cost me that much and I might be able to save myself some money from the next log book service.