Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

m90 supercharger on vn series 2

R

Reggie

i am wondering if there is anyone who has fitted a m90 supercharger to a series 2 vn v6 engine? or if someone knows exactly what is required to carry out the project. just wondering if the l67 manifold can be used . or if a manifold is avaliable. any info would be greatly apreciated.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
Bing...!

your on the right track.. but not quite there

no the L67 manifold cant be used without some modifcations.. but considering you have a VN parts arnt expensive!!!!

you can get a inlet manifold and cut it up and get a adaptor plate wended on..

the L67 is ecotec and has semetrical exhust ports not %100 sure on the inlet ports but i am pretty sure and change to the valve setup would change positioning of things... the coolant pipes wont match up ect...

its doable...
the adaptor plate will probbly have to be lazer cutso that you have the best possible flow, i was looking into this before i got idea's of a turbo

if you willing to put in the work the m90 is a good sized charger and should give you some DECANT power @ 10psi

VN calais 5.0 made 200rwkw with his L67 in the torana @ 11psi sooo good luck :)

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
i've heard there can be problem fittiong these chargers to vn's as they tend to eat the motor from the inside out with such high boost from the word go.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
VNV6VENGEANCE said:
i've heard there can be problem fittiong these chargers to vn's as they tend to eat the motor from the inside out with such high boost from the word go.
With that much boost you would want to rebuild the engine and some internals would need changing too... nothing major though.

Would be no different to running the Raptor S/C on 11psi I dont think