Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Macca's BA MkII XR6 Turbo Ute

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Thought it was time I posted up my new ride. Parted ways with the SS a few months back as I needed something more suitable to my current needs. So I picked up this 2005 BA MkII XR6 Turbo ute. 6sp manual. Goes well, is a practical daily through the week and tows a bike trailer with 2 or 3 bikes on it and a tray full of riding/camping gear on the weekends. 100% stock standard and thats how I planned on leaving it. Fitted a twin 2.5" cat-back X-Force exhaust though just to give it a little better note. Would love to upgrade to a 4" dump and high flow cat but that will have to wait til I can afford the tune to go with it. lol. Looks wise Id love to lower it and throw some 20's on it but then that removes its practicality of driving a dirt corrugated roads that lead to most of the MX tracks around here. lol
For now it how she sits

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Very nice!
Premium sound? - As for "100% stock standard", I don't how long that will last (don't talk to AirStrike!) - Although I seem to have done alright with leaving mine (engine) stock...

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
This thread needs more boost!!

But not too much on BA spaghetti rods.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
This thread needs more NA!!!!

Your spaghetti rods can handle NA.

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Haha. Cheers guys!
Yeah some darker tints are definitely on the want list, especially once summer gets here. haha.
Has the 6 stacker CD, but not colour screen so Im guessing just the standard sound with the option 6 stacker? Ive already installed the Ford AUX booster that you can get to allow ipod playing. lol. Have a 12" sub and amp to get hooked up shortly.
And yeah haha, dunno how long the no mods thing would last. Already want the dump, cat and tune. Haha. Wont be doing anything to exxy to it though.
Thinking about getting black GT stripes put up the sides soon. Nearly everyone I have mentioned it to says 'noooooooooo dont do it!' but I reckon they look really good and would give the white ute a bit less of a 'blank canvas' look. lol

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
For the love of god, no stripes!

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Nice ute mate.
Its your car do what you think looks good, stuff anyone else.

Off topic but air strike, just curious has your car gone backwards in it's et? If so what et have you pulled with your 400 odd rwkw. Also what mph?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Nah took it out again but had problems with the auto, was running like 11.7 @ 120mph, had to back off on each gear change.