Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Macca's VX SS

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
My next purchase is a B&M Short shifter which will give it a 35% shorter throw between gears and a shorter HSV shift lever to go with it.

don't do it,, they are rat ****,,, go with the gmm ripshifter, so much smoother and alot better for finding the elusive 3rd cog when driving in anger :D

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
don't do it,, they are rat ****,,, go with the gmm ripshifter, so much smoother and alot better for finding the elusive 3rd cog when driving in anger :D
Thanks for the tip! Hadnt looked into any reviews yet so thats good feedback to hear. Cheers man.

weegemz1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Mate, silver is jus the colour I think....its nice, I love it, I had the choice between a white and silver, silver all the way!

Yep, OTR coming on mines too, hopefully next year, around june, july Id say. Will be getting a cam done too, other half wants a supercharger on it. Not sure yet! when are you looking at getting your OTR? :)

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Mate, silver is jus the colour I think....its nice, I love it, I had the choice between a white and silver, silver all the way!

Yep, OTR coming on mines too, hopefully next year, around june, july Id say. Will be getting a cam done too, other half wants a supercharger on it. Not sure yet! when are you looking at getting your OTR? :)
Yeah the VZ SV6 I had before the SS was white, and while I do like a nice white car it just doesnt have the same appeal and shine of the silver. :)
OTR will depend on finances but probably looking at a couple of months away. After xmas and summernats and summer wakeboarding trips are outta the way. Haha. Would love to put a lumpy cam in as well but that will depend of what tax return I get next year. Haha.

weegemz1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Yeh its like that huh, win the lotto or something, be sound! get it all done at once! Not gunna happen though!
Whites just white though huh, its just plaaaaain boring !! I agree, shine on the silver after a bath n polish is awesome! will have to keep me updated of the updates you do, and likewise!! lol

Yeah the VZ SV6 I had before the SS was white, and while I do like a nice white car it just doesnt have the same appeal and shine of the silver. :)
OTR will depend on finances but probably looking at a couple of months away. After xmas and summernats and summer wakeboarding trips are outta the way. Haha. Would love to put a lumpy cam in as well but that will depend of what tax return I get next year. Haha.

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Lotto would be great! lol. Mods galore if that happened! haha
And yeah white has the 'clean' look but is otherwise to plain and boring imo. Absolutely love the glimmer that Quick Silver Silver has right on dusk just after a wash and polish. :)
Ill keep the thread updated with any changes I make. Ive subscribed to your thread as well to keep an eye on my cars twin :p

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS

oh god that 3rd gear can be a b*tch!! driving angrily.. next minute revs drop and your in 5th!

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
Great man. Hasnt missed a beat! That being said I dont do many kms it it. Only done just under 2,000km since I got it. lol. Was actually used as a wedding car a few weeks ago for a mate. Haha. Hows yours going?

good to hear!! did you get any photos from the wedding with the car??

mines going good.. cant stop driving it!! argh hahaha :)