Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Macca's VX SS

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
So I said goodbye to the VZ SV6 yesterday, and went and picked up my new baby this morning

Car: Holden VX SS
Engine: 5.7L LS1
Year:2001
Trans: 6sp Manual
Colour: Silver
Kms: 152,000
Wheels: 20" x 8" Konig 'Unknown's'
Factory Sunroof
Extractors
Twin 2.5" Sports Exhaust
Maffless tune
SSL King Springs in the rear

Couldnt go past it once I went and looked at it. Its in VERY tidy condition. Sounds awesome. Interior is pretty much flawless other then the usual flip down door thats broken in every commodore. lol. Has good tread on the tyres, just had a major service and rear main oil seal replaced, also a new slave cylinder. Will post some more pics up once I get a chance to take some decent ones.
CA42F776-E99D-4010-9050-9EF40FDB9A5E-2985-0000021207AAF396.jpg

C830C43A-1296-44E8-8DE0-7F014F71B490-2985-0000021241F93D65.jpg

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Hey Mate

Nice looks awesome and clean aswell, has it got an OTR intake aswell ???

How she go compared to your SV6 hehehhehehehhe big difference aye

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Thanks mate.
Doesnt have an OTR as of yet, but that is my first on the engine to-do list. Haha.
Goes awesome. Haha. I just got sooo bored with the auto SV6. It went really well for what it was but yeah, soooo happy driving the SS now. Had a fun drive back to Bathurst from Sydney today. hahaha.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
nice tidy car man how much did u end up paying? those rims look like a copied version of wats on my VP just a bigger version i like ;)

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
nice tidy car man how much did u end up paying? those rims look like a copied version of wats on my VP just a bigger version i like ;)
Cheers man. Picked it up for $9,950. Pretty happy. I got $9,700 for the SV6 so pretty much got close to a straight changeover from a V6 Auto with 190k on it to a tidy V8 manual with 152k on it.
I did wake up to a nice little coolant puddle under it today. Inspection showed the water pump has seen better days. No biggy though. Now has a brand new water pump, thermostat, drive belt and A/C belt fitted. $300 bucks in parts and the labour was only my own so even today considered, Im pretty happy with what I picked it up for :)

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
looks like a very tidy pickup indeed

always have had a soft spot for the vx ss

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
welcome back to the dark side,,,, lol

that sv6 looked good man, should have seen if they would swap the rims over to this one for ya, they were so much better IMO
good to see you finally stepped into an ls mate

James

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Cheers mate. Yeah the SV6 defo looked the part, but unfortunately thats where its positives ended for me. lol. Not a fan of the Allotec's after owning one. Sound terrible, and to me it just wasnt fun to drive. The auto gearbox, and electronic throttle were also other negatives for me. It was great on fuel though I'll give it that. haha.

Feels so good to have that V8 rumble again when I put my foot down. lol. And yeah I wasnt a fan of the rims as much either to start with but they are growing on me. I sold the SV in a private sale one day and bought the SS the next from someone else, otherwise I probably would have tried for a rim swap. Haha. At least these ones came with 4 nearly new tyres. Lol