Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace 6.35mm Manifold Insulator for SIDI?

MACE

Reaction score
I can't see it :(

Going by the above reactions it's plastic.

It's it running exhaust manifolds or are they integrated into the cylinder head? If so then you have an LFX engine so the current manifold insulators we have won't fit (designed to suit LLT) :(

We should have something to suit over the coming months.

If you do have an LFX engine then we can tune these :)

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I can't see it :(

Going by the above reactions it's plastic.

It's it running exhaust manifolds or are they integrated into the cylinder head? If so then you have an LFX engine so the current manifold insulators we have won't fit (designed to suit LLT) :(

We should have something to suit over the coming months.

If you do have an LFX engine then we can tune these :)

Ahh yes LFX has single exhaust port arrangement the same as the current 3ltr. So Steve does the intake manifold seating layout differ between the LLT and LFX?

Edit: On second look at the pic looks heaps different...lol...so just ignore my drivel please :)

Last edited:

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Damn, its an LFX. Was looking forward to getting extractors... Oh well as soon as i can get a VCM OTR i'll definately hit MACE up for a tune. Is there any difference between the LLT and LFX engines when its comes to tuning??

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Damn, its an LFX. Was looking forward to getting extractors... Oh well as soon as i can get a VCM OTR i'll definately hit MACE up for a tune. Is there any difference between the LLT and LFX engines when its comes to tuning??

I'm not sure if it'll apply to the V6's, but the VCM OTR doesn't suit the MY12 V8s as Holden has changed the Radiator Mounting brackets, the new design VCM OTR is still a couple of months away from what I've read.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Mine was built in October so I'm guessing it's an MY11, dealer told me MY12's will come in March.

'11camarols

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Camaro 3.6L
yeah the black plastic like manifold is pretty ugly but i guess thats a good reason to keep the engine cover on it lol. the LFX camaros here are rated at 11 hp more with the new LFX over the LLT, doesnt make up for not being able to use extractors though.
at least here the LLT use a bosch ecm and the LFX use a Delphi, so if anything i hear its easier to tune a LFX cause of the new ecm. is this correct for over there MACE?
do any companys offer ported throttle bodys overthere? thats one of my next mods

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
easier to bolt on turbos too :)

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
^^^ ssshhhh, dont tell my missus, she wants a turbo on her sv6