Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace Bolt Ons

Kee07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Hi all im new to page and need some help as to what im looking into doing to my VY,

I've got a VY Berlina Ecotec daily driver stock as a rock looking at some mace bolts wanting more throttle response from the get go and a little more down low torque here is a list of what im thinking of doing :
Mace Manifold Insulator Spacer
Mace Plenum Spacer
Mace 69mm Throttle Body
Mace Tuned PCM (If able to get it website says its temporarily unavailable)
K&N Air Filter
Might consider 3.45 LSD and cat back exhaust system in the future also looking at lowering it too i like the standard 16 inch rims from factory but not sure if it would look silly if i were to lower it id go either king SL all around or SL front and SSL rear can get KYB shortened shocks and SL front and SSL rear for $750 dont want it ridiculously low

If anyone could share some light or opinions and feedback please that would be great thank you

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Even though there will be a whole bunch of P platers that dissagree all those mods are useless.
Get a full exhaust a tune and a 3.7:1 diff.
After that you can look into trans mods and a supercharger if you end up wanting more.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
If you young, the best mod is the bank mod, just keep throwing money at your bank account until you can vuy a better car than a 6 cylinder.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Even though there will be a whole bunch of P platers that dissagree all those mods are useless.
Get a full exhaust a tune and a 3.7:1 diff.
After that you can look into trans mods and a supercharger if you end up wanting more.
I tend to disagree, although I can't confirm how a VY V6 would behave with some basic boltons, I know I gained 30rwkw with basic boltons on my Buick.

Kee07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Yeah at the end of the day its a V6 nothing special considering that its also a daily driver to and from work and shops many people have said the same thing mate save my money put it into a SS or something that's worth doing what I want to it

Kee07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Thanks for feedback everyone

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
Don't waste your money on that crap, buy a ss or turbo it or put a l67 in it.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Don't waste your money on that crap, buy a ss or turbo it or put a l67 in it.
Are you saying boltons won't help a VY V6? I would have thought even an Eco would go better with some basic mods, much like my Buick did with the upgrades.

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
Hi all im new to page and need some help as to what im looking into doing to my VY,

I've got a VY Berlina Ecotec daily driver stock as a rock looking at some mace bolts wanting more throttle response from the get go and a little more down low torque here is a list of what im thinking of doing :
Mace Manifold Insulator Spacer
Mace Plenum Spacer
Mace 69mm Throttle Body
Mace Tuned PCM (If able to get it website says its temporarily unavailable)
K&N Air Filter
Might consider 3.45 LSD and cat back exhaust system in the future also looking at lowering it too i like the standard 16 inch rims from factory but not sure if it would look silly if i were to lower it id go either king SL all around or SL front and SSL rear can get KYB shortened shocks and SL front and SSL rear for $750 dont want it ridiculously low

If anyone could share some light or opinions and feedback please that would be great thank you
been there when i was younger, done it all, in the end i wish i put a blower on it as was not much more than all the other crap i did to the engine and a blower would have made it go heaps harder.