Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MACE Cold Air Intake

MACE

Reaction score
adding the 12mm plenum spacer now that i have the 4inch ducting wouldn't make the car less responsive would it?

it's due to arrive shortly

am looking at the 25mm m insulator soonish too

It would make it a touch less responsive but the gain in torque would more the offset this :)

billy bob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
If you lose too much throttle response installing the plenum spacer you can install a bored out throttle body to get it back.
These 2 work well as a combo

4XRD-VZ Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
EK Civic/AE111 Levin
Hi guys,
I have a VZ Calais with the Alloytec 190 V6 and am torn at the moment between the SS Growler and the MACE CAI!!

I have read about them both.. but still need to make up my mind. The SS Growler does look fantastic under the hood and looks a lot bigger to me than the MACE product.

However, I have heard only good things about the MACE CAI and price wise.. it is certainly appealing!

Soo can sombody please advice me on which one is best from experience?

I am looking for a nice induction sound and will get a Full Pacemaker Exhaust when I get a CAI.

Hope this details are enough. (btw.. The car is in Fiji.. so I will have to get my Uncle to buy the goods!!)

Cheers

MACE

Reaction score
Hi 4XRD-VZ Calais,

I can't answer all of your questions but the ones I have are shown below

"I have read about them both.. but still need to make up my mind. The SS Growler does look fantastic under the hood and looks a lot bigger to me than the MACE product."

The cross sectional entrance area of our air box is larger then that of the SS inductions item so it's more effective at channeling the air to the filter. Ours is also a genuine bolt on item with no additional screws into the body work required

"However, I have heard only good things about the MACE CAI and price wise.. it is certainly appealing!"
Price wise would be even be for you if we shipped the item direct as you don't have to pay 10% GST on the retail price. As for direct shipping to Fiji that's not a problem for us as we ship items internationally on a consistent basis.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

I am looking for a nice induction sound and will get a Full Pacemaker Exhaust when I get a CAI.

Hope this details are enough. (btw.. The car is in Fiji.. so I will have to get my Uncle to buy the goods!!)

Cheers

4XRD-VZ Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
EK Civic/AE111 Levin
Cheers Steve!!

I have a discussion with my Finance Minister and will get back to you.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
with the CAI setup, can you supply an intake tube from the throttle body to the airbox? cos the convoluted one is apparently a restriction? i c0uldnt see one on the site so thought id ask

MACE

Reaction score
Something like this?

Mace Engineering Group | Facebook

Unfortunately we don't stock the intake tube :(

But if you wanted to knock one up yourself you can get some industrial grade hose (TPRD) which is made by this company Eziduct - Ducting Australia It can usually be bought by the meter and is very reasonably price for what it is, best to contact them for local distributors of the product as they don't sell direct unless you're planning on buying a truck load!

Cheers
Steve

mr_kreative

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim 3.8L
vr v6

is there any photos of this mace cold air intake? i recently put a vs v6 supercharge cold air intake, whats the difference?