Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MACE Cold Air Intake

MACE

Reaction score
Sorry to ask the same question again as others may have, but
What is the economy increase with the VT CAI system? are there any numbers of more economy?
Also are there discounts for JC members by any chance?? :)
I'm looking to get more economy more than anything, as a poor uni student i love my car but petrol these days to say the least costs some stupid amount to fill a 75 liter tank :(

Jason

Fuel economy varies, but I would say around an extra 20ks to the tank with this mod. As for discounts send us a PM and I'll see what we can do :)

Cheers
Steve

Poms308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 308
Installed mine on my 5L the other day and im happy with it i had to grind down a couple of mills just because i was being fusy with how i wanted the box postioned but each to there own i think its really good defintly works well with MACE's b&p TB's. Thumbs up Steve you'll be seein me again in the near future.

MACE

Reaction score
Installed mine on my 5L the other day and im happy with it i had to grind down a couple of mills just because i was being fusy with how i wanted the box postioned but each to there own i think its really good defintly works well with MACE's b&p TB's. Thumbs up Steve you'll be seein me again in the near future.

Glad to hear you're happy with our products again Poms308 :)

Cheers,
Steve

Cashaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
With the CAI mace is providing, very keen seen it all over l67tourqe and JC, wondering once installed, what do you do with the standard OTR air intake, I have a VS statesman, generally do you just leave it off or can you cut a piece out and install the OTR that way?

Or is just behind the headlight enough?

MACE

Reaction score
With the CAI mace is providing, very keen seen it all over l67tourqe and JC, wondering once installed, what do you do with the standard OTR air intake, I have a VS statesman, generally do you just leave it off or can you cut a piece out and install the OTR that way?

Or is just behind the headlight enough?

Generally we leave it off but you can modify the box to allow it to still be used. In saying this though I would stick with the way the box currently functions.

Cheers
Steve

Cashaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Generally we leave it off but you can modify the box to allow it to still be used. In saying this though I would stick with the way the box currently functions.

Cheers
Steve

Cheers Steve once again.
Andy

az_sv6

coudnt aford a v8
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
iv got the 2hole mcai at the moment, would the mace cai make more of a difference in sound? and is a k&n pod fillter any bigger? and will it fit? or do you recommended using the one supplied?

MACE

Reaction score
iv got the 2hole mcai at the moment, would the mace cai make more of a difference in sound? and is a k&n pod fillter any bigger? and will it fit? or do you recommended using the one supplied?

Hey az_sv6,

In regards to your questions/statements...

"iv got the 2hole mcai at the moment, would the mace cai make more of a difference in sound?"
It certainly would

"and is a k&n pod fillter any bigger? and will it fit?"
You can get the same sized pod that we supply or a larger one. You could get a larger one to fit but you may find that you'll need to do some custom work to get a larger one to fit.

"or do you recommended using the one supplied?"
Definitely! As it's an oil free item, unlike the K&N items which can contaminate the MAF leading the problems. Check out the link below.

YouTube - Cleaning your Mass Airflow Sensor

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

muggo05

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VT GTS
Just got my CAI from MACE and installed it last night.
After finding out where the VT V8 ignition module goes (thanks for the quick callback Steve!) all went in perfect without a hiccup. started the car in the driveway and the induction noise was immediately noticable.

Jumped in and reversed the car out of the driveway and gave it the first bootful, and i was giggling like a schoolgirl!!
The roar and induction sound is unreal! after a longer drive (and a lot of laughing) its easily noticeable how much sharper throttle reponse is, and there is more pull in the top end. Power delivery across the rev range is a lot smoother also.

After installing it with my mate at his place, once i left, i got a message from him saying "that sounds AWESOME! i'm getting one for my Clubby!) so his is on order today, along with my bored and polished TB from MACE.
If your thinking about doing this to your V8, stop thinking and do it now! the induction roar is worth the price alone, before you start noticing the boost in power and how much smoother it is, and the improved throttle response.

thanks again for everything Steve, cant wait for the TB to come!

Josh