Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace Electronic Throttle Controller

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
I received my throttle Controller in the mail and at first I was stumped with the fitting instructions on the website. The images and the product I received were somewhat different and it looked like parts were missing.

I was on the website and I live chat popped up and I thought it must be some ad. A guy named James Smith and I thought it must have been some Indian with a generic Aussie sounding name. I enquired about the product and I was informed that it was a plug and play upgraded item and it didn't need any initial setting up.

It took me 10 mins to install and I must say "WOW" what a difference it makes.

I tried different setting in both Economy mode and Sport mode and just need to drive more in traffic to get a better understanding of it.

I'm very pleased with the item, I can't say I'm pleased with Mace and you guys really need to fix up your site.

What settings are people using?

MACE

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback scaredyet,

Glad that I could have been of help on Live Chat :D That live chat account is a shared account, and admittedly should be updated to simply say MACE Support, due to having a limited number of licenses for that application at the moment

On this note, I must stress to people that we DO offer live chat support, which is very active and helpful if people need answers quickly and cannot or choose not to call. I cannot stress this enough! It is also mobile friendly as well, so you can absolutely use it from the convenience of your phone without downloading an app etc.

In regards to this throttle controller specifically, this ad along with others do need to be revised, and we are sincerely doing the best we can to go through them. Updating this ad specifically for us is a lower priority for us at the moment, due to the fact that the product we deliver to people is arguably a better product than outlined in the ad due to it being precalibrated.

In regards to specific settings, in all honesty, it would depend on your personal preference. The fact that it can be adjusted in real time, will make finding that personal preference easy.

Hope this helps.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Dreamscape

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve v6 omega 2008 3.6l
whats more aggressive Sport or Performance mode?

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
Sport. I keep it on Sport 3 or eco 3

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
Just to add to my post. I have seen a significant saving in fuel while using eco 3 on the throttle controller. It's a good balance for me. I installed in on my VZ wagon and it was a very easy install

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I received my throttle Controller in the mail and at first I was stumped with the fitting instructions on the website. The images and the product I received were somewhat different and it looked like parts were missing.

I was on the website and I live chat popped up and I thought it must be some ad. A guy named James Smith and I thought it must have been some Indian with a generic Aussie sounding name. I enquired about the product and I was informed that it was a plug and play upgraded item and it didn't need any initial setting up.

I tried different setting in both Economy mode and Sport mode and just need to drive more in traffic to get a better understanding of it.

I'm very pleased with the item, I can't say I'm pleased with Mace and you guys really need to fix up your site.

Hey man , any chance you could post some pics of where the cable plugs into to the gas pedal ?

MACE

Reaction score
It is tough to take pics, but will organise a pic at some stage tomorrow, as colleague has a VZ Commodore.

Honestly though, if you poke your head in the foot well, where the accelerator pedal is, you can see the throttle plug that plugs into the throttle pedal. The kit we supply now only requires to go in between the pedal and the plug. That's it.

This unit on the VZ is already pre-calibrated to is it a plug and play item.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve