Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MACE Enclosed CAI(Pod) general concesus?

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
Whats the general consensus with the MACE CAI setup. From the pictures I've seen it seems like the airflow is restricted to only behind the headlight. What's peoples experience with it? Is it worth the $220?

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Ino SircruzealotVS has one in his raptor blown vs, he was sayin he got a nice difference with his one, i would check over his posts to find the thread he was talkin about it in.

It sucks cold air in thru the headlight, no hot air from the bay can get in there, soo lower intake temp, more power, would be very benifecial for a SC car, but on a N/A i couldnt see it doin that much difference compared against a standard VS SC CAI

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
i think its an additional $40 for a lid on top also lol. it looks good but at the price its a hard decision over a $20 diy one with .6mm sheet metal and some pvc :p

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
i think that additional $40 is for a clear lid not just a lid, otherwise you get a black one

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
If you can make it yourself go for it, but i've heard positive reviews from someone who used it on an L67 (Supercharged V6)

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
Yeah the actual intake is what concerns me since there's no actual easy path for the air other than whatever air leaves the headlight. I guess as long as the air is cold in that region it's ok since there's a pod sucking it all in and it's a forced induction setup. I'm just not sure if it's worth the bucks.

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
Yeah, I'm seriously considering it since I'd like to get that louder whine. I'll probably also get the 10psi pulley, should be enough whine with the pod that comes with it.

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
The pod should be pretty loud. I am using the Yella Terra CAI (Big fat pipe) with a 10psi pulley and it whines much louder.