Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace HOLDEN PERFORMANCE MEMCAL TO SUIT VT V6/V8 AUTO - MANUAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT calais 1999
hay i was just wondering if u could tell me a lil more about these i am totally new to these

do i need a tune at all
and how hard are these to instaall my self

MACE

Reaction score
"hay i was just wondering if u could tell me a lil more about these i am totally new to these"
Not a worry happy to help :)

"do i need a tune at all"
A tune with this in conjunction with this memcal or a tune in general?

The memcal (re calibrated) is basically a "tune" in the modern sense as it controls things like fuel ignition timing etc. Which is turn can provide you with more power and better fuel economy depending on how it's been calibrated.

"and how hard are these to install my self"

They are easy to install and the installation procedure is very similar to that shown in the link below
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...ur-new-memcal-your-vn-vs-commodore-v6-v8.html

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT calais 1999
ok so what i take from what u have told me and please correct me if i am worng the memcal is a tune in itself so i dont need to get it tuned to my car its a straight install (so to speak)

so these are just a basic tune like holden brought out but upgraded as in the tune is just a Mace standard performance VT tune not spific to anyone VT

MACE

Reaction score
ok so what i take from what u have told me and please correct me if i am worng the memcal is a tune in itself so i dont need to get it tuned to my car its a straight install (so to speak)

so these are just a basic tune like holden brought out but upgraded as in the tune is just a Mace standard performance VT tune not spific to anyone VT

Correct :)

can u run more boost on these if needed?

Not with our mail order tunes unfortunately :(

blueV8vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL V8 & supercharged VX
what about running a intercooler down the track will that be a prob for the memcal?
also on ur website theres no VX ones only vs vt and vy

Last edited:

MACE

Reaction score
what about running a intercooler down the track will that be a prob for the memcal?
also on ur website theres no VX ones only vs vt and vy

No problem with running an intercooler in the short term with this memcal, however a custom tune would be ideal when running an intercooler.

Cheers
Steve

kalekale

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina
hey MACE, any idea how these match up to the greenfoam or dr bob memcals?

anyone else compared the memcals?

MACE

Reaction score
hey MACE, any idea how these match up to the greenfoam or dr bob memcals?

anyone else compared the memcals?

Fair question ;)

To be honest I couldn't tell you as we work with about 5 different tuners for VN-VY tunes alone. Including alloytec and LS1's the total is closer to 10 different companies who can supply us tunes as we don't do any tuning.

kalekale

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina
Fair question ;)

To be honest I couldn't tell you as we work with about 5 different tuners for VN-VY tunes alone. Including alloytec and LS1's the total is closer to 10 different companies who can supply us tunes as we don't do any tuning.

Cheers for the reply!