Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace HOLDEN PERFORMANCE MEMCAL TO SUIT VT V6/V8 AUTO - MANUAL

VTmadS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1
can the memcal tunes be changed to suit a VT that has been modifyed? eg exhaust, roller rockers, manifold spaces, bored throttle body ect...

blueV8vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL V8 & supercharged VX
yeah im happy with mine so far better on the juice and feels smoother throught the rev range with more pwr to so im happy

kalekale

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina
should you be putting premium petrol in your car after sticking one of these in?

MACE

Reaction score
can the memcal tunes be changed to suit a VT that has been modifyed? eg exhaust, roller rockers, manifold spaces, bored throttle body ect...

At the moment we don't but we may have something in the next few weeks :)

yeah im happy with mine so far better on the juice and feels smoother throught the rev range with more pwr to so im happy

Glad to hear you're happy with the memcal :D

should you be putting premium petrol in your car after sticking one of these in?

It is recommend that premium unleaded is used with our memcals.

Cheers
Steve

VSCristian

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VP Commodore Executive V8 A4
would it still run on 91? it said to expect a gain of 8-12KW on regular, plus a bit more on premium

VSCristian

Reaction score
Members Ride
just installed my memcal on my VS V6 A4 with enclosed pod cai, 4inch intake ducting, 12mm plenum spacer, extractors and 2.5inch redback catback...

quite a difference... i have decent tyres and wheelspin used to be very rare.. I put my foot down on takeoff in power mode and got really hard wheelspin for a second before she flew away!

in-gear she's torqueier, far quicker and holds gears longer.. her acceleration is frightening!
good work MACE!

was wondering, are the speed and rev limits the same? and with the aforementioned revs, what kinda torque would i be looking at because not only does the car move noticibly quicker, she moves quicker at the same revs, and 1500-2500 she's way quicker than before, and she revs from 2000-4500rpm exceptionally quick, making my insides feel heaps funny! 4500-5700rpm she's a little quicker to rev than before, and pulls a bit stronger too

VSCristian

Reaction score
Members Ride
I was wondering, what kind of torque gains would I get from the tune?