Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

mace kits

Vtcommspac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S pac
about to install the mace CAI kit in my VT commodore,
do i need to do anythign with the MAF, i looking for better fuel economy and hoping that putting on a diff kit then the stock wont change any of that

MACE

Reaction score
Hey Vtcommspac,

I would highly recommend cleaning the MAF whilst your there as shown in the link below

YouTube - Cleaning your Mass Airflow Sensor

Also have a read through the fitting instructions below before you attempt the installation

COLD AIR INTAKE ENCLOSURE HOLDEN VT-VY V6 - Mace Engineering Group

One thing that is not clear on the instructions is that the MAF needs to be rotated by 90 degrees such that the connector is pointing towards the bonnet. You'll have to notch a section of the intake tube to do this ideally

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Steve

Vtcommspac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S pac
yeh cheers steve
i didnt end up cleaning it, will do it soon as its not hard to get to
any way of making the induction noise louder, or if you know any ways of making it work better on a VT, someppl have said something about some panels you cut out behind the headlight

VTmadS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1
mace stuff is good, got a few items on my car, the things fit and does what they (steve @ mace) say they will do.

Vtcommspac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S pac
yeh i was thinking that but would that start sucking more hot engine air, im thinking of trying to cut a hole in the box so i can fit the stock scoop thing, is it worth it

MACE

Reaction score
yeh i was thinking that but would that start sucking more hot engine air, im thinking of trying to cut a hole in the box so i can fit the stock scoop thing, is it worth it

Not really. We designed it with a like to help make it look stock and to keep the boys in blue happy :) I you really wanted to you could take the lid off and line the top edge with adhesive foam, with the adhesive side going on the box of coarse :)