Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MACE lightweight M90 rotor pack - experiences?

Schwuppes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais L67 (conversion)
Hi guys,

Just wondering who here is using these? and for how long?

I'm a bit worried that removing material from inside the rotors will weaken them, god knows how fast these things spin with a 2.55" pulley, and the enourmous kinetic and centrifugal force exerted on the rotors... this might cause them to eventually warp and shatter and send pieces of rotor into my engine?

Anyway, would be good to hear of people who have used these for a good while.

Cheers

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
I have been running them for some time now, about 2 years. They were running with a over drive balancer and a 61mm blower pulley for a couple of years, now I am running a 56mm blower pulley with the over drive balancer. Rotors are still intact, even the coating is putting up with the punishment!

Schwuppes

Reaction score
Members Ride
beauty mate :)

MACE

Reaction score
Hi Schwuppes,

Thank you for your enquiry:

"Just wondering who here is using these? and for how long?

I'm a bit worried that removing material from inside the rotors will weaken them, god knows how fast these things spin with a 2.55" pulley, and the enourmous kinetic and centrifugal force exerted on the rotors... this might cause them to eventually warp and shatter and send pieces of rotor into my engine?"

This is not an uncommon concern you have. While I can't speak on behalf of others, we've officially had this product on the market for over 4 years, with development of this project having commenced around 6 years ago. As such we've never has any issues with the rotors themselves failing, which is reflected by the fact that they come with a lifetime warranty with the exception of the bearings and seals used in them.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Rotors will not fail. I've seen install mistakes cause massive damage, same as could happen on stock rotors. These rotors make a difference to the initial throttle hit and carry on through the rev range

Schwuppes

Reaction score
Members Ride
install mistakes? I wouldnt have thought theres much to it... slide in the new rotors... obviously make sure they go into the needle bearings at the back properly... then put the bolts back on lol

MACE

Reaction score
install mistakes? I wouldnt have thought theres much to it... slide in the new rotors... obviously make sure they go into the needle bearings at the back properly... then put the bolts back on lol
What your saying largely sums the overall installation process, however any foreign matter could complicate (read damage) the rotor installation process.

BrutalStormSC

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY I Storm Utility
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

So, Mace and Steve, seems these days you're out of stock of the lightened rotors. Is it possible to send mine down to you for machining and have them sent back up after?

Shane Connor

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx l67
Do you re-teflon rotors and when do you think you will start making your ones again