Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MACE Manifold Insulator & Plenum Spacer Review

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
More likely you have refitted the plastic engine cover this will touch the bonnet and cause the flex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
My 2 cents on these parts.
I have just installed the 12mm MI and 12mm PS on my V6 VS Acclaim, 139000ks. Shell 98 Premium.
Prior to install I got 9.8l/100 on a trip from Sydney to Berridale (Approx 430k's each way).
After install got 8.4l/100, same drive, similair conditions, (Clear hot days, AC on entire 5.5hours each way on both trips) no other changes to the car between trips.
So I am very happy with the parts :D
(Worked out by number from kms travelled by litres required to fill back up to first click.)

MACE

Reaction score
My 2 cents on these parts.
I have just installed the 12mm MI and 12mm PS on my V6 VS Acclaim, 139000ks. Shell 98 Premium.
Prior to install I got 9.8l/100 on a trip from Sydney to Berridale (Approx 430k's each way).
After install got 8.4l/100, same drive, similair conditions, (Clear hot days, AC on entire 5.5hours each way on both trips) no other changes to the car between trips.
So I am very happy with the parts :D
(Worked out by number from kms travelled by litres required to fill back up to first click.)
Ah excellent, have to be happy with that :D

Flyl67Boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs Calais series 2 l67
Sorry to dig up an old thread... What spacers are best suited for the l67 ?

MACE

Reaction score
"Sorry to dig up an old thread... What spacers are best suited for the l67 ?"
We have 2 available:

6.35MM insulator and a 25MM insulator. The latter will reduce charge air temperature, reduce heat soak to the blower and improve bottom end torque. The 6.35MM will have the same perks as the first, however, the effects wont be as intense.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Damian

StingRedVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Utility
"Sorry to dig up an old thread... What spacers are best suited for the l67 ?"
We have 2 available:

6.35MM insulator and a 25MM insulator. The latter will reduce charge air temperature, reduce heat soak to the blower and improve bottom end torque. The 6.35MM will have the same perks as the first, however, the effects wont be as intense.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Damian
Any idea on when you'll have these in stock again? Desperately need a set!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Great item. I have had them on two of my Commodores. Have on VZ and had on the VE with an LY7. Loved the subtle change they made.

Had the 12mm on the VE for clearance reasons and the 24mm on the VZ where there is far more space.

Blackout

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
I am interested in getting these two parts for the LLT, but Mace's customer service reply on the benefits, power/torque(?) advantages & fuel economy increases are "zero" & when you go back & they say, you can expect to see about a 0.5 litre saving per 100kms.

All their reply was about was that customers are generally happy with them. Why haven't they spruced up all the benefits?