Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MACE Manifold Insulator & Plenum Spacer Review

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Well I finally bought my first two MACE products.

• 25mm Manifold Insulator
  • 12mm Plenum Spacer
Installed them on Saturday afternoon. Didn't take me too long, started at about 2pm and finished at about 5pm (considering I dropped one of the Fuel Rail spacers onto a ledge on the trans and spent over an hour and a half looking for it, and then had to jack the car up and reach under and get it).

so:

TIME TO INSTALL:
1.5 hours

INSTRUCTIONS: Very comprehensive and easy to follow, fantastic! I wasn't confused about anything.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: Steve at MACE is a very helpful and very pleasant bloke. Very easy to deal with and get along with. Very Very impressed!

RESULTS: A+

Been driving it around since Saturday and I have really noticed the difference, low end torque has really increased, it climbs the revs alot easier and faster, and really feels like it's breathing and wants to move. I'm starting to feel a little kick into the seat, which will be increased as I further modify the engine in the future.

The torque band really does feel like it's throughout the whole rev range, the main power of the motor kicks in low, and it really helps it get moving. For such a simple mod, with my future plans in mind, this is really the start to a kickass budget V6 setup that will really put out some good figures, times and driveability.

PERSONAL TOUCHES: I wasn't a fan of the wood colour the spacers came with, so I sprayed them with 3 coates of chrome paint (High Temp Proof of course). Then carefully sanded back the paint on the face surfaces (top and bottom)

See Below:

All up these are fantastic products from a fantastic company. One I think all us car enthusiasts should back, because with loyal support and products of this calibre already, things can only get better in the future.

Very proud to now use MACE products.

A+ to Steve and the team at MACE!

DSC00679.jpg

DSC00693.jpg

DSC00694.jpg

DSC00695.jpg

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
1+ for MACE being a well run company .

Top efforts MACE.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Mate how much are these?and where do I go to buy them?Ive had a bit of a look through the mace links here, found the products,but couldnt find anything about how or where to actually price and buy them.Im gonna get some, going on what youve just said about them.

Last edited:

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
look for them on ebay

Manifold Insulator

Plenum Spacer

or PM MACE on the forum.

Ask MACE for the prices, I think they're usually $220 for Manifold Insulator and $150 for the Plenum Spacer (in the sizes that I have)

large

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II S pack
Or the website u can purchase them off

large

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II S pack
Have u had any trouble with the paint

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
No it's high temp proof, and it's heat resistant material so it won't heat up anywhere near enough to even remotely heat the paint.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Ive just started learning how to change a few things like the timing etc on the chip in the ECU,Ive just finished sorting out my first attempt,and the gains Ive got from that alone sounds just like what you describe that youve got with these spacers fitted.Im hoping that by putting the two together,they will even further complement eachother.Just with the chip alone its running so much crispier than standard.Even made the gear changes better in the auto trans through the auto trans settings on the chip,No more laggy changes.But Im definitely gonna get these spacers.Does anyone know if there is there any trouble with bonnet clearance when fitting these spacers.Ive read you can get them in different sizes.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
There is nothing to worry about when running a 25mm MI and 12mm PS...I don't keep my engine cover on, but I think it should fit.

There's a thread/post around here on that somewhere. I think when Steve reads this tomorrow he will be able to more accurately tell you than I will at this current point.

Good work with your tinkering on the ECU, how did you do it? Mind if you give a detailed run through? I'm seriously considering getting rid of the LPG system which means perfect timing is less of an issue and can more easily tune the memcal etc.