Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace Manifold insulators

Hothousevys

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s pack
Just interested in peoples opinions of these parts. Am considering purchasing a 25mm manifold and 12mm plenum spacer and would like to know peoples experiences. any dyno graphs would be appreciated.

BTW currently running 1.9:1 high ratio rockers, 69mm TB, pacemaker extractors, 2.5" cat back, high flow lukey panel filter.

Would this be the best next set? am not interested in forced induction or cam.

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina S Pac SII L67 Turbo Project
I personally didnt notice the gain but dam the insulator saved my ass from my fuel rails hitting the plenum awesome idea :)

STL17

Whipit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor charged vp v6 manual
will help ya ecotec off the line thats were they suffer

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo Stroked 4.2LT VT Berlina
yep, i fitted my spacers when i first got my car, and noticed a lot low down....i reccommend them any day :)

james90vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
i reccomend that set up as well i had the 25mm intake spacer and 12mm plenum spacer and i noticed the improvement with the 69mm throttle body

jr689

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VYII S 3.8L M5
I heard that you can loose some low end power when you fit the plenum space... Can anyone confirm this???

Hothousevys

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s pack
i was told by Mace that the 12mm plenum spacer would complement my current mod's and can expect roughly 5% gains in low down tourque. i found the boys at mace extremely helpful shoot them and email and they will answer any of your questions.

jr689

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VYII S 3.8L M5
What mods do you have mate? I just remember reading somewhere on here that having the plenum spacer (not the intake insulator) on an otherwise stock engine (no internal engine mods) can actually be of a detriment :S Maybe it could have been if it was coupled with a bigger TB, not sure?

Hothousevys

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s pack
current mods are listed at the start of this thread as of a couple hours ago have ordered 24mm manifold and 12m plenum spacer also. With the current mods on dyno dynamics dyno am making 195rwhp.

jr689

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VYII S 3.8L M5
Oh sorry man didn't realise you were the OP otherwise wouldn't have asked what mods you had haha :whistling

Definitely post back with results mate, should be pretty interesting to see because if it does fix the low end torque issue with the ecotec then I'll definitely be jumping on board as it's definitely the biggest pitfall I have with the engine. I currently only have a Lukey catback at the moment but my pacemakers arrived yesterday so should put them on this weekend hopefully :)