Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MACE Memcal + Error 94

Schuey97

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Holden Commodore Executive
Hey All

I am currently trying to work out this problem with MACE, but thought I would also see if anyone else has had or come across this problem.

I have a 95 VS Commodore with a T5 Manual Transmission.

I bought a MACE Memcal and installed into the VS. The car runs awesome until you get to an intersection and the car stalls. I went around the block and this happened everytime at an intersection and the engine warning light came on. I then did the diagnostic technqiue with the paper-clip and got error 94 - Vehicle Speed Sensor.

I decided to put back the stock Memcal and went for a drive. The car did not stall at all. I decided to put the MACE Memcal back into the VS and went for another drive. This time I was able to get around the block, but when I took the VS out on the highway and slowed down to get back into the town, the car stalled and the engine warning light came on (Same error, 94).

The Spedo is working fine, but on the second test run I did notice that sometimes when I'm slowly rolling into an intersection stop, my spedo will drop to 0 even though I would still be doing 10-15Km/h.

Would I be right in thinking that the MACE Memcal is picking up the slighest of errors from the vehicle speed sensor and causing the car to stall? Would that also mean a stock Memcal has a wider range of an allowed error reading?

Thanks

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
when you bought the memcal did you buy a manual one? It might be a auto tune which is causing the issues.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
well if it runs fine with the standard chip then id say its something in the tune for sure, get onto em maybe get a swap, maybe even get a refund and get onto dr bob or greenfoam on the forums here.

Schuey97

Reaction score
Members Ride
well if it runs fine with the standard chip then id say its something in the tune for sure, get onto em maybe get a swap, maybe even get a refund and get onto dr bob or greenfoam on the forums here.

I was reading greenfoam had not been on the forums for a while, so I thought I would not bother him and get a MACE Memcal as a lot of people were saying they are quite good.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
yeh he's a busy man, i have dr bob chip in mine, ive had it updated several times and he's quite good, his website is Rob's Creative Calibrations just fill in the inquiry form and note all your mods and he'l email you a quote for a custom chip.

Schuey97

Reaction score
Members Ride
MACE sent out another memcal for me to try at no price .... which I think is a big thumbs up to MACE.
The second memcal still will stall my car with a vehicle speed sensor error.

Is there anything else I can try? MACE have said they will refund me, but I would like to at least give something a try since MACE have been great over the whole thing.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
did you tell them that it works fine with the standard chip but not theres? It sounds like there tune.