Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

mace memcal

Peza93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina V6
Hey mace, i have a holden vt with a few mods at the moment and looking for alot more mods coming soon. I brought a memcal off ebay a while ago just wanted a bit more kick only costed like 30 bux. I dont trust this memcal anymore and was wondering how much it cost to get a memcal made for my car and sent out thanks :) also will installing a shift kit do anything to the memcal
Current mods - 2.5 inch cat back, hi flow cat, pacemakers, growler induction
Future mods - 12mm plenum and manifold spacer, stage 2 shift kit, 1.97 rockers

Peza93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina V6
Sorry forgot to mention its a 3.8l ecotec, Also what other mods do you recommend for more down low kick? Im contemplating on buying the 2 spacers this week or save up a extra week for the rockers witch do you think will give best power gain? cheers :)

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Low down go the spacers. Rockers are more mid-high range power (though good bang for buck)
I don't have either at the moment but from what I've heard anyway, also Mace CAI won't hurt, still an upgrade over the growler.

Peza93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina V6
yeah im going to go both just not sure witch one to go first rockers sound good apparently they give power around 3k rev range witch is what i need as im planning for 3.4-3.7 gear ratios, To be honest all CAI are the same growlers are over priced but i got mine for 100bux so there was no way im passing that up :p, they all take air from the head light plus even if there was a difference there wouldnt be any sence spending a extra 400 for 1kw more or less :)

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Yeah true, just cooler air intake and being a pod filter (people say they're better, I don't seem to notice) they have a nice induction sound and cooler air because it's enclosed, though the growler works fine for cool air. Yeah 3.7 are good, is it an auto? Mace would need to know the transmission

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I had both holden ss otr and the mace cai on the vs.
The mace cai is better.

MACE

Reaction score
Peza93,

To elaborate what others have written, you would want to go a 12mm plenum spacer and 25mm manifold insulator as an ideal combo for your NA setup. In saying this though you would want to take a couple of measurements to confirm if space will be an issue

The price for our memcal is $145 plus postage

If you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

Peza93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina V6
cheers for the reply steve, will deffinetly be getting the 2 spaces might just go both 12mm as id like to keep my rocker cover on, as for roller rockers what is better for a N/A setup the 1.9 or 1.98 also thinking of going a cam later, would the memcal be able to work with all this or will i need a dyno tune, thanks :)

MACE

Reaction score
Hey Peza93

"cheers for the reply steve, will deffinetly be getting the 2 spaces might just go both 12mm as id like to keep my rocker cover on,"
If you want to keep your engine cover on then to play it safe I would recommend going with just the 12mm manifold insulator

"as for roller rockers what is better for a N/A setup the 1.9 or 1.98 also thinking of going a cam later"
If you're planning on going a cam down the track then I would go with the 1.9's

"would the memcal be able to work with all this or will i need a dyno tune, thanks"
A mail order memcal will work with all of this

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask

Cheers,
Steve

Peza93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina V6
Hey Peza93

"cheers for the reply steve, will deffinetly be getting the 2 spaces might just go both 12mm as id like to keep my rocker cover on,"
If you want to keep your engine cover on then to play it safe I would recommend going with just the 12mm manifold insulator

"as for roller rockers what is better for a N/A setup the 1.9 or 1.98 also thinking of going a cam later"
If you're planning on going a cam down the track then I would go with the 1.9's

"would the memcal be able to work with all this or will i need a dyno tune, thanks"
A mail order memcal will work with all of this

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask

Cheers,
Steve

Cheers mate really appreciate the help, will be buying a few products from you shortly :)