Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

mace memcal

KrazyTurk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
do these things work i own a auto V6 VT its basically stock except pacemaker extractors with straight pipe & i run on 98
would a memcal benefit the performance of the car the way it is right now.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Anything is better then the factory tune. The factory tune is designed for max economy at the cost of performance. Also the factory tune is based of 91 octane fuel so you don't get the full benefit of running 98.

KrazyTurk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Anything is better then the factory tune. The factory tune is designed for max economy at the cost of performance. Also the factory tune is based of 91 octane fuel so you don't get the full benefit of running 98.

so will i get that a mace memcal

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Do it. Or from The1 on this forum. Manufacturers also tune for EPA who get bees in their bonnets when you produce more gas even though it's burning less fuel more efficiently. Idiots.

The chip will also improve trans shift points and kick back.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
If you do more mods after you get your tune the car will need a new tune to suit the new mods.

MACE

Reaction score
Hi KrazyTurk ,
Thank you for your enquiry:

"do these things work i own a auto V6 VT its basically stock except pacemaker extractors with straight pipe & i run on 98 would a memcal benefit the performance of the car the way it is right now."
As other users have said above it will give you measurable gains and your engine will make the power smoother along with an improvement in fuel economy.

If you have further queries please contact us directly.

Kindest Regards,

Bill

mjs8672

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS v6
A decent tune is well worth the small investment, the car will drive/respond how it should have done when it left the factory.

ozzie613

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5 LITRE V8 SS BODY & VE 19" RIMS
Gday guys. I have a stock 304 (5 litre) and want to upgrade the memcal from factory. What would you suggest I get - there are no other upgrades on the engine.
Cheers, Oz.