Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace product customer review

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
Just recently installed the 81C thermostat from MACE and thought I would share my opinion with everyone.

I fitted the thermostat on my supercharged VY and was delighted to notice a significant amount of power to still be available after a long drive and this can be justified easily even by looking at the temperature gauge and finding that it sits a little bit under the point where it normally finds itself after some driving. On the freeway it drops even a little bit further.

This is a very positive outcome for a mod which costs 22 bucks at MACE.

GM intended these motors to operate at an ideal temperature of 92 degrees give or take but we all know how often the radiator fans come on in general around-town driving which means temperatures have risen to 100 degrees (way above ideal operating temperature and proving to be a real POWER-KILLER!)

My radiator fans hardly ever come on anymore and my power curve lasts much longer and stays higher. Not to mention the added benefit of the motor now being able to last longer with a smaller chance of over heating.

So for 22 bucks it is well worth it.

Well done to Steve and the team for their great products and customer service!

turbo_vp_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 3.8
This is good to hear. Am going to do a bit of shopping at Mace soon and everywhere i go people say that they are a great bunch.

turbo_vp_v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 3.8
cool. will be looking at a stage 3 cam new lifters, valves, and memcal. and another 70mm t/b

vnss_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
i just installed a 25mm manifold spacer, 12mm plenum spacer and cooler thermostat. glad to say it has made a huge difference in the way the car drives. only issue i had was bonnet clearance with the plenum touching the bonnet frame, was an easy fix to trim and shape neatly as i am a spray painter by trade so had all right tools at hand. not sure if everyone has this issue or if it because mines a statesman.

MACE

Reaction score
i just installed a 25mm manifold spacer, 12mm plenum spacer and cooler thermostat. glad to say it has made a huge difference in the way the car drives. only issue i had was bonnet clearance with the plenum touching the bonnet frame, was an easy fix to trim and shape neatly as i am a spray painter by trade so had all right tools at hand. not sure if everyone has this issue or if it because mines a statesman.

Thanks for your constructive feedback vnss_1 :)

In regards to clearance issues, every car is different (in particular engine mounts)

I'll take this opportunity to remind people of the following as I've mentioned before.

You best bet would be to take a couple of measurements just to make sure as every car is different; fitment summary from experience for your car is as shown below.

* Raising manifold by 12mm: Cover will go on like factory

* Raising manifold by 25mm: Cover will need to be trimmed around the alternator or bonnet liner needs to be removed or trimmed. Otherwise cover will rub on bonnet liner

* Raising manifold by 37mm: Cover will need to be trimmed around the alternator and other parts along with the bonnet liner needing to be removed. Otherwise cover will rub on bonnet liner/possibly not close depending engine mounts

* Raising manifold by 50mm: No hope of keeping cover without some serious bonnet mods. Will still require bonnet mods without cover

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Steve

vnss_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
no worrys, yeah i got brand new genuine mounts in so if i had my old worn ones prob wouldnt have been an issue. was an easy fix anyway. great products and service. thanks