Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MACE Products with LPG/Dual Fuel

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
Exactly right. I have the air mixer system which as previously said is similar to a carby system. And it is fairly simple to change the mixtures which is a definate advantage.

so you could tune the gas system youself?

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
hmm possibly bro, but I wouldn't do it...I'd always take it up to my boys in Lilydale. I know alot of the guys up in the industrial plot there where all my car stuff is done so I get mad as prices.

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
hmm, so you reckon its worth getting my gas system serviced and tuned? does it run better when tuned? iv never had it tuned before so im guessing thats why it always ran like dogs balls

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
hmm, so you reckon its worth getting my gas system serviced and tuned? does it run better when tuned? iv never had it tuned before so im guessing thats why it always ran like dogs balls

I know mace does tunes, but there is also another joint in Sunshine that put it on a dyno and tune the car in the higher revs (where lpg systems lack most from the restriction) and tune accordingly. As mentioned with previously, its easy to tune via the screw with the venturi system, but dont to yourself as you will not have the pipe up the bum unit to check the mixtures.

carra909

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
i was also wondering on the subject of lpg systems, would it be advisable to chuck in some higher ratio roller rockers into an vx v6 with a factory lpg system, what ratio would you suggest and will it need retuning

MACE

Reaction score
i was also wondering on the subject of lpg systems, would it be advisable to chuck in some higher ratio roller rockers into an vx v6 with a factory lpg system, what ratio would you suggest and will it need retuning

You'll be happy with either ratio. We sold these in the past to customers with a similar setup to yours who haven't undertaken a tune, however it's always a good idea to run a car up on a dyno (petrol or LPG) just to see how any new mod is performing :)

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001

I have been running 1.95 YT rockers since 2006 and around 100,000k's. Back then it was only FIT and YT who did rockers and YT were a better deal as they offered pushrods in the price while FIT has then nearly $200 extra on top. They were dearer as well. Also YT where just down the road for me, so i liked the added security if i needed anything. They are also excellent to deal with, but haven't offered anything new for the v6 scene.

Stock springs etc, no tune all this time. Wait till you do a few mods and then tune. Mace offer pushrods now as well, and what seems to be a better customer service, so they would be the best choice now for me personally. They have a good net presence, quick response, and are doing heaps for the v6 scene. I would go the mace 1.98's.

Mace, you guys have your own lpg v6 with these mods on anyway don't you ? Also what would you charge, for say a lpg tune inspection etc ?

MACE

Reaction score
At the moment I don't have an LPG 6. Nor do we do LPG tunes, however I can recommend someone in the northern suburbs for that though. In saying this though I have a lot of respect for the fuel which is why I've taken the time to study it ;)

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Sorry Mace, for some reason i assumed you guys had one. The guy that does the tuning, does he dyno tune lpg does he ?