Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace Questions

vuchris

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VU ute
Hi,

Just wondering if you have an actual shop in Melbourne or will i have to buy online/over the phone?

Also, i read in one of your magazine articles, they said they used the plenum and manifold spacers, the bored/polished throttle body, head gaskets, rockers and ported cylinder heads (?) all for under $3000 and this improved the motor from 135rwkW to 210rwkW!! :hmmm:

The only heads i could find on your website are $3300?

Thanks in advanced!

Chris

MACE

Reaction score
Hey Chris,

In regards to your questions/statements...

“Just wondering if you have an actual shop in Melbourne or will i have to buy online/over the phone?”
You can inspect, chat pick up items direct from us if you call ahead to tee up a time.

“Also, i read in one of your magazine articles, they said they used the plenum and manifold spacers, the bored/polished throttle body, head gaskets, rockers and ported cylinder heads (?) all for under $3000 and this improved the motor from 135rwkW to 210rwkW!!”
Those power figures were suppose to be at the flywheel and not at the rears, sadly it was a typo. Still a great figures when you consider this packages is still running a standard cam. Th article is shown in the link below. You may have to wait a few minutes as its a big file.

http://www.maceengineering.com.au/W...5/3F0A/C0A8/D218/CC6F/Power_0020_Packages.pdf

“The only heads i could find on your website are $3300?”
There are still heaps of other products which we still don't have on the site yet, our ported heads are one of them, of which we have in stock.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

vuchris

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VU ute
Thanks for the reply Steve.

Might try and organise coming and having a look on monday...whereabouts in melbourne are you?

If it's 215kW at the flywheel, what would it be at the Wheels?

Do all of your products come with instructions?

Are the memcals an important power mod? - 10kW seems a fair bit

Was thinking the spacers, rockers and throttle body

MACE

Reaction score
“Might try and organise coming and having a look on monday...whereabouts in melbourne are you?”
Northern suburbs of Melbourne, Lalor to be exact.

“If it's 215kW at the flywheel, what would it be at the Wheels?”
About 150kw at the wheels

“Do all of your products come with instructions?”
Not all of them, as some of installation procedures can be found in a workshop manual

“Are the memcals an important power mod? - 10kW seems a fair bit”
There is no memcal available for your car unfortunately. You can still reprogram your computer, though it can be expensive.

“Was thinking the spacers, rockers and throttle body”
As bolt on mods you’ll be happy with these :)

Cheers
Steve

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
Gonna steal this thread for my question. How long do I have to wait before I can drive the car after fitting the manifold and plenum spacers and using your supplied gasket maker????

MACE

Reaction score
Gonna steal this thread for my question. How long do I have to wait before I can drive the car after fitting the manifold and plenum spacers and using your supplied gasket maker????

Couple of hours is normally fine. In saying this though best to go by the sealant manufacturers commendation on the back of the tube.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Steve

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
Thanks, I waited for 3. seems fine. may have a small airleak somewhere, but I think it is only the sound of the larger throttle body.