Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace Throttle body

MACE

Reaction score
Steve, i bought a 2nd hand 69mm TB off a bloke (sorry, moneys tight atm) and not 100% sure if he sent the small restrictor you're meant to place in the rubber elbow when installing. Havent had a good look at the part yet to see if its there since its late, but if i dont have it will i need to source one? Stupid question i know, but im unsure of its role in the TB.

Tristo

Hey Tristo,

If you have an auto then it will help with shifts if you have one

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Steve

Jacko78

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 wagon
Hi Mace

I have done the same and got a 70mm throttle body for my VR off Trademe over here in NZ. The only problem is that it now idles at about 2k rpm and does not change gear like it should(it's an auto). Took it down to Pit Stop and they said the Trottle position sensor was bung? Any help would be great.
I have put the old t/b back in but the problem is still there.
I have had to pull the bits and pieces off the standard t/b to put on the 70mm one.
HELP!!!

The new t/b had a piece of foam jammed in the inlet side if the idle air path as well(have since removed)

MACE

Reaction score
Hi Mace

"I have done the same and got a 70mm throttle body for my VR off Trademe over here in NZ. The only problem is that it now idles at about 2k rpm and does not change gear like it should(it's an auto). Took it down to Pit Stop and they said the Trottle position sensor was bung? Any help would be great."

Aussuming that the TPS is fine (which it may not be) then there is a good possibility that the sleeve on the end of the TB shaft is missing. Please refer to the fitting instructions below
BORED OUT AND POLISHED THROTTLE BODY VN-VT - Mace Engineering Group

"I have put the old t/b back in but the problem is still there.

I have had to pull the bits and pieces off the standard t/b to put on the 70mm one.
HELP!!!"

As above

"The new t/b had a piece of foam jammed in the inlet side if the idle air path as well(have since removed)"
I have no idea how that would have got there as we don't normally use foam for packing though in this case we may have (?)

Please keep us posted

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Jacko78

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 wagon
Cheers for all that Steve

The problem is still there (I made sure that the sleeve is still there) Must be the TPS then as it now idles at about 3000rpm.
Could it be that the butterfly inside the body is abit to large and is causing the tps not to close properley?
Remember that this tb was not "brand new". Was got from some bloke off trademe not one of your auctions. He did say that he got it from you guys tho.
Cheers

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
Hey Guys,

I just bought a MACE throttle body of a guy in here and i have a feeling its for a VZ.
Is the VY a completely different Throttle Body?

Cheers :)

I didn't think Mace made a tb for vz's??? Am I wrong?

MACE

Reaction score
"The problem is still there (I made sure that the sleeve is still there) Must be the TPS then as it now idles at about 3000rpm."
Could be

"Could it be that the butterfly inside the body is abit to large and is causing the tps not to close properley?"
The butterfly could be sticky, however that is only common with the thicker plane bearing shafts.

"Remember that this tb was not "brand new". Was got from some bloke off trademe not one of your auctions. He did say that he got it from you guys tho."
Without seeing it I couldn't tell you

I didn't think Mace made a tb for vz's??? Am I wrong?
We tried but no like :(

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Steve, i bought a 2nd hand 69mm TB off a bloke (sorry, moneys tight atm) and not 100% sure if he sent the small restrictor you're meant to place in the rubber elbow when installing. Havent had a good look at the part yet to see if its there since its late, but if i dont have it will i need to source one? Stupid question i know, but im unsure of its role in the TB.

Tristo

I have the same story here. Will your tune fix this and/or do you need to change the tune or can you supply me with a restrictor?

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Alright sweet I'll get back to you on that inbox